Thread: Richmond 6 speed clutch problems

Richmond 6 speed clutch problems

ok. i have a brand new 401 that i just put in my j4000and a brand new tranny(the richmond 6speed). now i had a new 401 in the truck a couple months ago and the engine failed. so i got the new one. the clutch had problems before but come to find out it had too small of a throw out bearing. so we got that fixed n everything was fone until the motor failed. i put a new 401 engine back in it and the same flywheel and pressureplate and throwout bearing and clutch fork and it wont shift into gear. it will start in gear but it starts to smoke the clutch. i have adjusted the hydraulic clutch as much as possible and no luck. any suggestions would help alot!!!!! thanks

Thank you from BT Master Mechanic
    Don't know...but I had a clutch disk that came to thick from the factory that I couldn't get to release all the way once.

Something to just check if you got a new disk....
    If this new part can't break....what old part will??

thanks. i think whats wrong is that the clutch disc itself is to wide and it was hitting on the pressure plate. im ordering a new clutch and pressureplate so hopefully it cures the problem. thanks again