Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carb cut out issues.......

Not right off-hand i don't But im sure it wouldn't be to awful hard once you figure out the sensors and wiring. One of my buddies and I are trying to put the Tuned Port Injection from an 89' camaro Z-28 on his cj-7 with the good ol' chevy under the hood. Talk about a wiring nightmare!!!! When he bought it he got the complete intake and wiring and all except for the mass air flow and some other misc. things.
    1980 CJ-5, 360 powered, T-18, Dana 20, Advanced Adapters output , 4.56's, Dana 30 frt chromoly shafts w/297 joints and Tru-Trac and M20 rear with Detroit, Superior shafts, and disc brakes and Tom Woods frt and rear shafts.........about 10k in misc aftermarket parts!

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    check here they have some good writeups on all things jeep related http://www.geocities.com/cantwait_fo.../mods_all.html

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    You can buy a EFI harness built specifically for Jeep/GM from Howell-efi.com for around $400-500, then pick the rest of the parts (they'll give you part numbers) in a boneyard.

I went with the full kit from them, ran about $1250 to my door with all new parts. installed in a day, and apart from a bad O2 sensor a year or so ago, it's been flawless. Well worth the money if you go offroad.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    did you see a fuel mileage bump?? and how do you calibrate/program it??
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    I was running a Holley 600 that had been tuned pretty "spot-on" with an exhaust gas analyzer. I saw less than a 1 MPG increase from the EFI. The big differences were easier starts (hot and cold), smoother idle, snappier throttle response, and it runs smoothly all the time and at any angle (even upside down, don't ask how I know ). Because it's closed loop, it adjusts to altitude changes too.

Since it's a closed loop system, I gave Howell my stats (Displacement, compression, cam lift and LSA, intake and exhaust manifold type, ignition), and they burned a chip. From there, the system takes over via the MAP, temp, and O2 sensors to fine tune.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    Hmmm I may have to look into that..
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.