Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Some Good News for a Change
Bulltear Ad
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Good News for a Change

Some Good News for a Change

Well, instead of a problem or question, I thought I'd share some good news for a change. She's just about ready to drop back in the Jeep. Maybe even tomorrow evening if the weather cooperates.

'69 AMX 12.60@107 - Ohio, unfortunately (:-P)
    Ground Poundin' 401

Just got mine out and partially disassembled today
    '69 AMX #11,856 BSO/Saddle 343-4V Auto Go-Pak A/C Leather
    http://home.fuse.net/ckthomas/AMXSIG5.jpg

Nice!

Gives me a warm fuzzy thinking about the sound that things gonna make.

Thank you from BT Jedi gear head
    Congradulations

Jeff
    1979 Jeep CJ-7 401 AMC, GMC 6-71 Blower 10% overdrive, Bugcatcher with electronic fuel injection and a little N2O for fun, all self built. (this supercharger stuff is easy)

Thanks guys. THE 401 IS BACK IN THE JEEP AND THE EXHAUST IS CONNECTED UP AS OF 8:30 TONITE!

We'll start buttoning up all the cables, hoses, wires, etc. and put the radiator and grille back in tomorrow afternoon. Since it was in before, and everything is was hooked up before, the rest should go back together pretty quickly. All the mods we had to do to go from the 258 to the 401 have already been done.

'69 AMX 12.60@107 - Ohio, unfortunately (:-P)
    wwwhhhhrrrrrrrrrrrr vrooooom

buba - buba - buba - buba - buba - buba - buba - buba

'69 AMX #11,856 BSO/Saddle 343-4V Auto Go-Pak A/C Leather
    http://home.fuse.net/ckthomas/AMXSIG5.jpg

All that's left to do tomorrow after work is drop in the distributor and hook up the spark plug wires, fill the radiator, and put the battery back in that's charging as I sleep, then we're ready to turn the key and see what happens.

Geez, turning that key for the first time is a nerve wracking, scary experience!

Well we turned the key tonite...and nothing

bad happened! It started right up and purred like a...LION! Broke in the cam again for good measure. All vital signs looked good. Sounds SUPER!!!

Took 'er for a short spin then, but it got dark on us and we didn't want to do too much in the dark. Tomorrow after work, we'll change oil, check all fluids again, then take 'er for real ride . Feels really good to hear her finally running again!

And I finally found something that works on exhaust manifolds...POR Cast Iron Gray high-temperature exhaust paint. First thing I ever tried that didn't burn off right away. Still looks as good as in the pic on the engine stand above.

nice

That sure looks nice, just out of curiousity, do you remember what type of throttle cable assy you are running, in the picture it looks like a braided stainless steel line. A Cj with a 401, what a hot rod.
    84 CJ 7 304, Arb rear, 35 BFG,s with a 2 1/2 spring lift only and to many other mods to list, plus a offroad trailer also on 35 BFG,s

Thanks for the compliement. My son and I are both very proud of our "joint venture".

Yes, I do remember. It is a Lokar setup that has both the throttle and automatic transmission throttle pressure cables. Got it from Summit. They are braided stainless steel, in fact, everything is stainless. It wasn't cheap, but it is a top notch piece of equipment. And, it adds 23 extra horse power!

PS-the braided stainless cable sheaths are long so you can cut them to the length you need, but can be a PITA to cut.