Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
Some Good News for a Change - Page 6
Bulltear Ad
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Some Good News for a Change

Quote Originally Posted by 1980_Cj7
    The Clevite is a hydraulic cam, not solid, at least ours is.

Can you please explain "Timing it on a 106 ILCL may be too much advance"? What's ILCL? Intake lobe centerline?
    I was talking about the solid lifter cam I am looking at for my 390 (I've about spent all the money I need to on my FSJ and am getting started rounding up parts for my 69 Javelin project now).

Yes, ILCL = Intake Lobe Centerline. AMX69PHATTY was suggesting that the valve events are early and I was simply stating that they were shown at an ILCL of 106, which was completely arbitrary on my part. The cam being discussed is also a single pattern design ground on an LSA of 108. When I get closer to making a final decision I may elect to increase exhaust duration and change the LSA. The main point was that the advertised and .050 duration result in a pretty good hydraulic intensity figure - this cam has a relatively high .050 duration but should still be well mannered enough for a "Saturday Night Special" street car due to its' 275 advertised duration. It has fast ramps and .597 lift - should be a good lobe grind when combined with Edelbrock heads and 10.5:1CR. Anyway, this is for a completely different application than a Jeep.
    Bare Tub Restoring 69 BBB Javelin SST 390 Go/Mod Pak
    Frame Off Restoring 82 Wagoneer with 401 MPEFI transplant
    "First rule of government funding; Why build one when you can build two at twice the price!"

'69 AMX 12.60@107 - Ohio, unfortunately (:-P)
    Ah, ok, didn't catch that specs were at .020 & .050,
    was thinking .005 & .050 and overlooked a "-" sign.

Man yesterday and today have been really nice weather here in Cincinnati.
    '69 AMX #11,856 BSO/Saddle 343-4V Auto Go-Pak A/C Leather
    http://home.fuse.net/ckthomas/AMXSIG5.jpg

[quote="Blown7"]
    Quote Originally Posted by 1980_Cj7
    Screw all that vacuum advance gage theory.

Jeff
    I'm with you on that point Jeff!

Hey, when are you going to put that blown Jeep back together?
    Bare Tub Restoring 69 BBB Javelin SST 390 Go/Mod Pak
    Frame Off Restoring 82 Wagoneer with 401 MPEFI transplant
    "First rule of government funding; Why build one when you can build two at twice the price!"

Well, found a used stock axle in a local junk yard, and got 'er back on the road again tonite. Already shopping for aftermarket alloy axles though.

'69 AMX 12.60@107 - Ohio, unfortunately (:-P)

No more 4 wheel low burnouts for now right ?

Hope it's runnin' good.
    Do the 190* T-stat ?
    Did it help ?
    '69 AMX #11,856 BSO/Saddle 343-4V Auto Go-Pak A/C Leather
    http://home.fuse.net/ckthomas/AMXSIG5.jpg

We solved the weakest link, the axles, for now by lightening up...

the drivers right foot.

Gotta luv those full float axles. They are SOOOOO easy to work on.

Didn't change the t-stat, but we reset the timing (with the timing light) to 5* advanced, and it seems to be staying between 190 and 200 degrees now. We originally had it at 10* advanced. Might have just been a combination of being brand new and tight and having a little too much initial timing. Didn't seem to be pinging though. Don't have any tune up specs for a 401, but a stock 304 is showing 8 or 10 degrees advanced for automatic tranny applications, depending on the year.

We recorded the total advance every 500 rpms from 1,000 thru 3,500. It maxed out just past 3,000 rpms at 31*. I don't have all the numbers in front of me, but will post them later.