Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
hood / fender vents

Thread: hood / fender vents

hood / fender vents

i swapped in the 360 in my jeep and i was tossing around the idea of putting some type of a vent in the hood or on the fender to let all the hot air escape from under the hood....has anyone ever done this or heard of it being done....input needed thanks..

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Very common...I believe the vents can be bought at many a dealer. Cutting and rustproofing are the only issues.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum
    If you put vents in And you submurge it will drowned out the engine sooner.
    We found this out crossing in the same place as always .the vents let the bubble of air escape immediately.
    just make sure if you go in the water to water proof better.

Bulltear forum member Cook
    If you have a local hot rod shop they can probably punch louvers directly into the hood for you. I do it in our area and it runs a couple bucks per louver. You do have to strip and repaint the hood though.
    It really makes a difference in under hood temps.

I ran Grand Cherokee factory hood vents up here in B.C. Canada cause they have a great drip pan under them from the factory!You might not need the drip pans for dryer climates but up here in the WET BELT lol we need them!Ran about 20 degrees cooler over all!They look good too!
    cj7 360 roller motor 291c heads np435 dana300 4-1 plus northwest fab 2.72 black box, currie hi pinion 9 inch front and currie rock jock dana60 rear,38 inch tsls custom shackle reversal and a little bit of rust lol