Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
What is the compressed thickness of the Felpro headgasket?? - Page 2
Bulltear Ad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the compressed thickness of the Felpro headgasket??

Yikes I am suprised only 1 lobe went flat? Sounds like it was a really nice cam too. I guess that is a mistake that has probably happened to the best of them so dont be too hard on yourself, you'll have it back up and running as strong as ever. Good luck with it, I'll post more specs of my 343 later and what we decided on as far as head gaskets..I might just stick with the ROL's 9.8 should make plenty of power.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Fel-pro .042-.046

Rol high temp racing gaskets are about the best gasket for a AMC V8. They even have nitrile beads silkd screened around the water ports.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Gaskets

Yes I know they have a lot more features than the felpros, I was just wondering if there is a big differnece in power/torque going from say the 9.8 that I have now to 10.2 to 1 for example? I just wanted to get as close to factory advertised compression for the rebuild but I gusess 9.8 is close enough not to make a difference from the factory 10.25 to 1 as it is less than a point?

Don't forget, we had leaded gas back in the day. Be careful of going too high on the compression ratio if you want to run it on today's pump gas.

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    A friend of mine built a small block chebby 10.2cr, and he has to atleast run about a 50/50 mix of 93 and 110.
    he who dies with the most toys wins!!!
    69' amx 390 4 speed best et 11.85 @ 116mph
    VOTEBUTTON

We ended up with 9.5 static and 8.5 dynamic on the 401, and it's running fine on 93 octane unleaded pump gas. I was really worried about whether it would. Didn't try any lower octane ratings yet.