Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
Free to a good home
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free to a good home

Thank you from BT Jedi gear head

Free to a good home

Ok so I pulled the 1984 Eagle out of the garage today, where it has been sitting for 6 years. Before that it sat outside for 2 yrs.
    It has 130K +miles. It has been in the family since new. I ordered it on spec and when it was delivered it was missing 1 item I ordered but was not installed the gage package and I didn't order a roof rack and it was installed. My mother bought it instead. It's a Eagle Limited, all leather (although now it's very sad). 258 6 cylinder auto and select trac. AM/FM cassette original Never been in a major accident although Mom did get a ding with something in the right rear quarter 20 yrs ago.

I need the room and this project was scheduled for a Indy blown 401 but I always give myself 5-6 yrs to get a project underway and this one it hasn't happened.

So here's the deal.

To be eligible for the car, you need to have a membership date before me to PM me.
    Or have a moderator PM me vouching for you if your membership date is after mine.

Now you gotta promise me that you'll make something really cool out of it, restore, modify etc no booty fab.

I really love this car inspite of it's condition but it is deterorating without some upkeep.

So as I always say this board is home to me as the first board I ever joined and AMC's and Jeeps are near and dear to my heart.
    So thats why I have offered it here first, hoping that it finds a new better home than now, and you folks here can appreciate it.

Ok thats about it, I do have the title, original Technical Service Manuals, the V-8 engine kit I made 20 yrs ago.
    A few NOS items.

Them's the rules anyone is eligible, MC, Fuzz, Rollen etc.

I rather it go to someone who will repair/restore than to anyone.

If it's a good home far away I might even chip in a couple bucks for trucking.

I've had a few folks help me in my 47 yrs along the way so I'm doing the same for someone else with this car.

Jeff

Ok here's the pics.

1979 Jeep CJ-7 401 AMC, GMC 6-71 Blower 10% overdrive, Bugcatcher with electronic fuel injection and a little N2O for fun, all self built. (this supercharger stuff is easy)

Well out of the 1,464 users before you, I'm sure someone has an empty spot in a garage for it. I've always wanted one of those, I think they're awesome. Alas, time and money restraints would prevent me from giving it the love it deserves.

Thank you from BT Gear Head
    Well I've been here a long time but much to my dismay I cant give it the home it needs. I've got my hands full with my Javelin a CJ-7 and a few other projects.
    I hope you can find her a great home!

I think it would look great with a nice paint jog a few flames and maybe a nice set of wheels, and a healthy V-8! It would make a head turning commuter/mild street rod!
    ...and the peasants danced

Does it run and drive ? I love v-8s but like a little milage too

How is it rust wise ?

Do you even still have it ?
    And after the spankings, the oral sex!

its a 258 6 toy

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinolined360
    its a 258 6 toy
    I see that.......I was wondering if it still ran a drove as is or the motor was junk (hence the v-8 conversion) I would like to do one of these with a bigger tire & wheel package, some dark windows, blackout trim ect.....

Thank you from BT Jedi gear head
    Quote Originally Posted by xracer390
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhinolined360
    its a 258 6 toy
    I see that.......I was wondering if it still ran a drove as is or the motor was junk (hence the v-8 conversion) I would like to do one of these with a bigger tire & wheel package, some dark windows, blackout trim ect.....
    I ran the engine about three years ago, haven't started it since it did run well, but who knows now, Istill have it, I may have to put it on Ebay
    1979 Jeep CJ-7 401 AMC, GMC 6-71 Blower 10% overdrive, Bugcatcher with electronic fuel injection and a little N2O for fun, all self built. (this supercharger stuff is easy)

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    If I had more room and a bigger shop (and was ever at home to work on anything ) I'd give it a new life, but alas none of the above are in the forseeable future
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Is it still solid? Theres plenty of these here in Minn. but they are rusty and I dont need to deal with that.........Right Jeeps !

Any idea what shipping to Minn. would cost these days ?

Bryan
    And after the spankings, the oral sex!