Thread: power brakes/ stalling

power brakes/ stalling

Anyone guess why my CJ is stalling when my power brakes are applied, never used to since I installed it like 6 months ago. It just started.

P.S, I think it might be my pcv valve thats for a chevy 350, though I have of course a 360, or something is wrong with my 670 Holley truck avenger like always

Its not the pcv, and its not a vacuum leak i tested everything. I think now that its something with my carb. Anyways holley is already sending me a new 670 because they send there are defects in earlier models or whatever so i hope a new carb fixes it

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    Power brakes on the AMC are usually plumbed into the manifold just forward of the carb. I'd leave it there if you haven't. If there's a vacuum port on the carb, just plug or cap it. PCV should run to a port on the base of the carb.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by tufcj
    Power brakes on the AMC are usually plumbed into the manifold just forward of the carb. I'd leave it there if you haven't. If there's a vacuum port on the carb, just plug or cap it. PCV should run to a port on the base of the carb.

Bob
    tufcj
    Pics or diagram? I need to do that with mine (brake upgrade) - - - whenever I get home... sometime this year.
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Quote Originally Posted by Mudrat
    Pics or diagram? I need to do that with mine (brake upgrade) - - - whenever I get home... sometime this year.
    Power brakes was one of the best upgrades Ive done, with a little fabricating I got it to work, I'm going to switch from the carb to the intake for vacuum as soon as I figure out where it goes

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    there is a port on the top of the manifold a few inches forward of the carb right in the middle of the manifold. should be easy to see might have a plug in it or have a fitting that is capped.

Well it looks like I MAY be home the first week of Aug to re-commence the final stages of the build

'Course, I've heard that before ....
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

i switched the vacuum line from the carb to the manifold and it works great!

Cool Beans Rhino!!!
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE