Thread: Fuel system questions

Fuel system questions

Just installed a new sending unit in '75 CJ5.
    Was hoping to clean up some of the plumbing, just want to make sure this is going to work before I put the body back on it...

2 Fuel lines come out of the side of the tank, to/from rollover check valve and/or carbon cannister?
    Can I plug them up?

Sending unit has 2 lines as well, I have new lines to run to the carb, the 2nd line I'm guessing is return line from carbon cannister?
    Can I plug it?
    Should I leave one open as a breather and put some type of 1 way valve on?

Will I be getting enough fuel to run a Holley Truck avenger 4Brl (670CFM) sitting on an Edelbrock Performer(non egr) intake? (AMC 360)
    Holley says the recommended fuel pressure is 5-7 psi.

Thanks.

Re: Fuel system questions

Quote Originally Posted by frenchy
    Just installed a new sending unit in '75 CJ5.
    Was hoping to clean up some of the plumbing, just want to make sure this is going to work before I put the body back on it...

2 Fuel lines come out of the side of the tank, to/from rollover check valve and/or carbon cannister?
    Can I plug them up?
    not a good idea.

Sending unit has 2 lines as well, I have new lines to run to the carb, the 2nd line I'm guessing is return line from carbon cannister?
    vapor line from the tank. part of the evap system.

Can I plug it?.
    not a good idea.

Should I leave one open as a breather and put some type of 1 way valve on?
    imho, run new fuel and vac. lines. if you have a manual, the diagrams will be in there. if you don't get one.

Will I be getting enough fuel to run a Holley Truck avenger 4Brl (670CFM) sitting on an Edelbrock Performer(non egr) intake? (AMC 360)
    Holley says the recommended fuel pressure is 5-7 psi.
    3/8" should be fine.

Thanks.
    np. the evap system is there to allow the fuel vapors to be burned in the engine and not be released into the atomsphere. also it helps keep the fuel in the tank instead of evaporating with the engine off. a 75 has a pretty simple system, there's not really much to clean up. just replace the old lines.
    mike

bullets don't hurt, but the holes do.

VOTE BUTTON

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    Bingo.. Good advice and well presented..

The only addition I would make.. Find a really convienent location for an inline filter between the tank and the pump and add it in..while you can do it easily.. that way if you get sediment or bad gas etc you can change the filter back where it's cool and not have to worry what got through to the fuel pump or carb.
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.