Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
aftermarket power steering bracket?

Thread: aftermarket power steering bracket?

Helpfull BT forum member Admiral of the Forum

aftermarket power steering bracket?

I was wondering if there are any options to the stock ps bracket? I am using taller valve covers and the return ps hose hits the valve cover and does not let the bracket to bolt to the head. I was thinking about trying to make a 90 degree fitting off of the pump to route the hose different but if there is a bracket out there I think that would be alot better. I am also thinking about using the alt. bracket that is listed here, it looks like it would work great... Thanks for the help...

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    We are working on a aftermarket billet setup that allows more travel and more belt choices but are weeks away. It is possible you could find a 90 degree fitting to allow the clearance you need. It is also possible to use a conversion hose that you can have custom made at older auto parts stores.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thanks, Please keep me posted on the billet one because I might also be weeks away from needing it....

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    If you find a reservoir off a Wagoneer, the low pressure fitting on the back is shorter than the CJ reservoir. That might give you the clearance you need.

You might also be able to tweak the hard line with a tubing bender.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Look in the phone book for stores that make hoses, proly hydolic hoses, bring your hose in tell them you need one longer and they can do it for like 20 bucks, thats what I did.
    100%RHINOLINED,AMC360,D300,D60F&R,35"BFG MT, 6"^,Breaks down every chance it gets. My lady calls it the Death Star
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2431277

Well the 401 is complete for now and I attached a pic of the power steering mod. I just cut off the return nipple and fit it with a comp. union. So far no leaks except a water leak on the side of the head....Ouch.. No one happens to have an extra 401 head laying around? I also bought a set of headers from Jet Hot but they are going to wait for now till I figure out this head problem..
    http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e3...pscomplete.jpg