Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Front axle won't disengage

Thread: Front axle won't disengage

Front axle won't disengage

The front axle won't disengage on our 01 Grand Cherokee. The dash light goes off but the front wheels are still pulling. Any ideas on where to start looking for the problem? Thanks for any help.

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    If it is a 242 t-case I would be willing to bet it is the transfercase mode switch (we sell a lot of these at the stealership) part# 56006755 $37.20, your local dealership should be able to get you one within a day or so.
    he who dies with the most toys wins!!!
    69' amx 390 4 speed best et 11.85 @ 116mph
    VOTEBUTTON

Thanks for the info. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the mode switch just activated the indicator light. It is the 242.

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    I was wrong sorry. I did talk to our heavy line tech, and he said to jack the whole vehicle off of the ground then try disengaging the 4wd if it works your transfer case is ok. At that point it could be something as stupid as the tires not wearing evenly, or as bad as something wrong in either the front or rear end.

Also my tech said if you are putting the vehicle in or out of 4wd on tar it caould take a few blocks for it to work.
    he who dies with the most toys wins!!!
    69' amx 390 4 speed best et 11.85 @ 116mph
    VOTEBUTTON

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    I have seen frozen CV's cause this as well with a np249.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thanks, it looks like my T-case is hosed. I guess I have a fun project coming up