Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Amount of ZINC in different Oils ???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amount of ZINC in different Oils ???

'69 AMX 12.60@107 - Ohio, unfortunately (:-P)

Amount of ZINC in different Oils ???

Found a spec sheet for Valvoline VR-1 Racing Oil.
    For Zinc / Phosphorus it shows 0.130/0.120
    Does not indicate units for these figures, like grams per liter.

Looked, but could not find same info for Rotella-T

May I ask the Zinc / Phosphorus content of BullTear AMC Oil ?

This oil thing is pretty agravating.

Rotella-T, STP, EOS, VR-1, BT AMC Oil ...... what to do ?
    '69 AMX #11,856 BSO/Saddle 343-4V Auto Go-Pak A/C Leather
    http://home.fuse.net/ckthomas/AMXSIG5.jpg

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    1.3% for AMC-HD, the rest from online sources have .12 or less % of zinc phosphates. Why guys are using diesel oil is beyond me.

Unless I am wrong sure looks like up to 10 times the zinc found in diesel oils.

Check here for popular brand mixes
    http://www.micapeak.com/info/oiled.html
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT Gear Head
    All the zinc in the world won't help, if your still running the filter bypass. Might as well not even clean the block.
    In America, there is no natural, moral, or legal right, to obligate another person or persons, to your dept or desires.

So.....according to them charts......Kendall GT-1 has a .16 zinc percentage.....which is the highest except for Valvoline race which is .20......At auto doom Valvoline goes for $3.09 a qt. and Kendall goes for $2.39 or something low like that. I've got the Kendall 20w-50 in my jeep right now, is that a good choice??
    1980 CJ-5, 360 powered, T-18, Dana 20, Advanced Adapters output , 4.56's, Dana 30 frt chromoly shafts w/297 joints and Tru-Trac and M20 rear with Detroit, Superior shafts, and disc brakes and Tom Woods frt and rear shafts.........about 10k in misc aftermarket parts!

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 76-cj7
    So.....according to them charts......Kendall GT-1 has a .16 zinc percentage.....which is the highest except for Valvoline race which is .20......At auto doom Valvoline goes for $3.09 a qt. and Kendall goes for $2.39 or something low like that. I've got the Kendall 20w-50 in my jeep right now, is that a good choice??
    My understanding is that when the current supply of kendall is gone that's it. Bradpenn is the company that bought out the kendall brand.
    he who dies with the most toys wins!!!
    69' amx 390 4 speed best et 11.85 @ 116mph
    VOTEBUTTON

Well hell BREK....................at the Auto Zone i work at we have cases of the stuff in the back and can't give it away! It's a great oil I.M.O. at an awesome price!
    1980 CJ-5, 360 powered, T-18, Dana 20, Advanced Adapters output , 4.56's, Dana 30 frt chromoly shafts w/297 joints and Tru-Trac and M20 rear with Detroit, Superior shafts, and disc brakes and Tom Woods frt and rear shafts.........about 10k in misc aftermarket parts!

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 76-cj7
    Well hell BREK....................at the Auto Zone i work at we have cases of the stuff in the back and can't give it away! It's a great oil I.M.O. at an awesome price!
    I could be wrong? From what I hear kendall won't be available much longer atleast in MN.
    he who dies with the most toys wins!!!
    69' amx 390 4 speed best et 11.85 @ 116mph
    VOTEBUTTON

Well from the way i understand it............Auto Zone buys in large quanities.........which explains constant product replacement and removal, so when one thing sells quickly its usually replaced by another brand of the same part............Raybestos brakes for instance........our store got 2 pallets full of them and once we sell out of them they are done for good, but we will continue to honor the warrenty, but the replacement part will be of another brand. So i figure it goes the same for Kendall oils.....once we sell our stock it prolly will be gone for good, but until then im going to run Kendall in my motors But im in Ohio......so it might be a whole different ball game for you guys.....

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    OK so I use the Valvoline 10W30 (Red for higher mileage motors) in both my Jeeps, is this bad. What is w/all this Zinc & stuff anyway seeing that I'm not an oil guy. Isn't most oil, oil, or do we all need the Bull Tear brand or ? What do you look for in an oil off the shelf as far as ingredients etc.
    84' CJ8-360-Project M170 Jeep
    86' CJ7-258-Mommas Jeep
    Project CJ8 to M170 Conversion<----Click

'69 AMX 12.60@107 - Ohio, unfortunately (:-P)
    Word is with a new rebuilt motor with a new flat tappet cam,
    hydraulic or solid lifters, there needs to be ZINC in the oil
    so the cam and lifters break-in right without lobe failures.
    New motors with roller cams do not need the zinc in the oil
    and the EPA has had them remove the zinc / phosphorus
    from the oils cause it can ruin catalytic converter function.
    Which is fine for newer motors, but aint so good for old ones
    that still use flat tappet cams, at least for cam break-in.
    Guess having zinc don't matter once cam is broke in.
    '69 AMX #11,856 BSO/Saddle 343-4V Auto Go-Pak A/C Leather
    http://home.fuse.net/ckthomas/AMXSIG5.jpg