Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
towing my jeep.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: towing my jeep....

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Well, I kninda resemble that . . . I have 4 Door Hemi long bed But I drop to 11 MPG a soon as I put a bumper pull on it, and would rather have the Humnmm'n Cumins and would like a 5.9 over the 'new shit' out there.
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    Man thats "write me Red" If I ever saw it.. (thats a compliment I just painted my J-10 sebring red)

Nice
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.

Beautiful truck! What year? My son had a 2001 just like that but white. Had the Sport package just like yours too. Same exact interior as yours which I always loved. He had an automatic tranny though.

Excellent choice. You'll really appreciate towing with a manual. The NV5600 is one STOUT tranny. I do see a pillar guage in there. I assume it's fuel pressure? If not, you definitely need to look into gauges. I have FP, EGT, and boost.

If you ever thought modding was addictive, wait until you can add 60hp/180TQ in 5 minutes.

the gauge that you saw is actually a tweeter built into the A pillar...i do need a boost gauge and a pyromoter gauge...those are the two that i wanted...im getting my cold air box for it this week then after that i need to get my jeep the way i want it then ill start modding the big diesel moderatly....the truck is a 2002 with the laramie package and it is an awesome ride...only has 79,000 miles on it and the interior is so mint you would have never thought it was used....

You need a fuel pressure gauge more than boost or EGT. There were some issues with the VP44 injector pump on some years, and I think it included 2002. If it goes out, it's over $2,000 to fix if I recall.

the guy who i bought it off of had a new one put in about 5,000 miles ago...but that is a gauge that i will definetly look into buying...

I'm not usually very fond of dodge trucks, but I must admit that's a fine looking pickup. People I know who have owned them were pretty happy with them.

Funny though, it seems I only begin to like dodge products AFTER they change the body style. Ex: I didn't like the durangos, but after they changed them into minivans, the previous body looked pretty good in comparison.