Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Blown 7's ultra secret timing cover/oil pump - Page 2
Bulltear Ad
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Blown 7's ultra secret timing cover/oil pump

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    Quote Originally Posted by CJim7
    Hey Dusty....not to hijack this thread....but do you ever make it back up to Missoula ever? I was born and raised in the bitterroot, left there last year and miss it something fierce.
    I miss it everytime i see a picture or an article or talk to a family member. i'll be back some day but my spot is down here for now.

I make it back at least one or two times a year.

Got a wedding on the 15th i have to go back for
    IF washington wont quit spending money like mad men then i suggest we claim 9 deductions in 2010 and withold or taxes till the final dead line of 4/15/2011.

CJ7 AMC401 http://www.fordification.com/images/forum/bug.gif

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I WON'T!!" -General George Patton
    Member #377

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    This is the final drawing of the backplate. Jeff I will post up a couple pics of the machine work and maybe a quick video of a end mill going to town in the next couple of days here.

[COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Just a couple of linear tolerances to keep in mind

[COLOR=#000000]

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    Dude it's no wonder ya drink! holy heebie jeebies batman...that stuff would make me crazy
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.

Thank you from BT Jedi gear head
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepsr4ever
    Just a couple of linear tolerances to keep in mind

When I was a yonger man and had to crank handles for a livin' I had to do that stuff in my head lol........
    1979 Jeep CJ-7 401 AMC, GMC 6-71 Blower 10% overdrive, Bugcatcher with electronic fuel injection and a little N2O for fun, all self built. (this supercharger stuff is easy)

Is it done yet?
    1969 Rebel 401 TH400
    1978 J10 401, QT
    1978 Wag 401 QT
    1973 Javelin AMX in pieces.

When I was a yonger man and had to crank handles for a livin' I had to do that stuff in my head lol........

Now that would drive me to drink!

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Shit, I had to start drinking just to figure it out!!!!
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Lots of pics here so bear with me as I try to explain the first stages ok. This is a 3 piece timing cover that will utilize the use of the Morroso 3 stage dry sump pump and free up the distributor gear from having to drive the oil pump. Pics in 3 hours
    [COLOR=#000000]

Here is the first block to be machined. It is approximately 12"s by 17"s and is 1.25" thick. A spendy piece of aluminum Chucked a sharpie into the spindle and let the machine draw the outline of the part of the aluminum. Piccasso The inside line the the exact path of a 2 flute 3/4" endmill spinning at 5200rpm and 27 inches per minute.

Time to pop some holes

Milling out the cavity for gear and chain clearance

Roughing out the cavity for the dry sump chain

Cavity all clear

Milled down extra stock for a 1.2500 thickness and a flat surface.

Holes tapped and the precision dry sump hole reamed out

RE_FIXTURE..If you look closely you will see the oil control grooves for a no leak condition on a soft gasket. This is the finale staging for the profile on the base plate. From here is will get a counterbore in the back and be flipped over for oil pan seal and tapped holes for the two front pan bolts.

Thats all for now...I know its just a tease but the best I am saving for next.
    [COLOR=#000000]