Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
I HAVE HAD IT UP TO HERE ^^^^^ - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I HAVE HAD IT UP TO HERE ^^^^^

^ you are correct...i drove the hell out of the jeep today and wiped everything down and made sure it was dry...popped the hood and everythnig was still dry after alot of driving....i bet when i go look at it later there will be coolant on the timing chain cover again......is it really impossible for coolant to be leaking out of the front seal of the intake??? there are water jakets right there in the head i thought that if the water jacket was leaking then it would leak into the valley pan then out of that front part of the intake....im going to take all the suggestions i have right now and go look at it later today

Theres no way for it to leak coolant from the rubber end gaskets just the valley pan itself at the intake flange.
    1980 CJ-5, 360 powered, T-18, Dana 20, Advanced Adapters output , 4.56's, Dana 30 frt chromoly shafts w/297 joints and Tru-Trac and M20 rear with Detroit, Superior shafts, and disc brakes and Tom Woods frt and rear shafts.........about 10k in misc aftermarket parts!

so if the thermostat housing is all that is leaking which i will find out this week when i get the new housing....why did my coolant turn brown then??

How much antifreeze is in your motor? too much water and rust will happen.......whens the last time its been changed?
    1980 CJ-5, 360 powered, T-18, Dana 20, Advanced Adapters output , 4.56's, Dana 30 frt chromoly shafts w/297 joints and Tru-Trac and M20 rear with Detroit, Superior shafts, and disc brakes and Tom Woods frt and rear shafts.........about 10k in misc aftermarket parts!

well it was changed not to long ago when i did the radiator...middle of the summer roughly...i did use more water then antifreeze and this past time i used all anti freeze premixed...so ill see if it stays green....it was a very light brown color so i dont think that it was oil but my biggest fear right now is a head gasket or something that will really be shit*y

'69 AMX 12.60@107 - Ohio, unfortunately (:-P)
    hopefully it's just the t-stat housing
    are the insides of the hoses clean in the ends
    where the go onto the motor and rad ?
    Rusty crusty stuff on the inside surface of the hoses at
    the ends can prevent them from sealing well to rad & motor.
    '69 AMX #11,856 BSO/Saddle 343-4V Auto Go-Pak A/C Leather
    http://home.fuse.net/ckthomas/AMXSIG5.jpg

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    If your oil is milky then you have a gasket/crack issue but if it isnt dont worry its just casting sand and rust.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

well after i changed the intake i lost alot of water that went into the valley pan and what not and when i changed the oil it was nice and black but there was some water on the bottom...but it was from changing the intake...im gonna just have to be very careful and observant for a while i guess

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    well there is a way to find the leak.. go find a cooling system pressure tester (usually Napa has them to rent) and pressurize the system cold.. I bet you will find it..an dont let it get to you..
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    if it was leaking into the valley pan and out the front end seal you would find cooland in your oil. I would be its either a bolt hole or the thermostat housing. might it also be a small crack in the manifold that only opens up when things cool down?