Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
Which Transfer Case?

Thread: Which Transfer Case?

Thank you from BT Grease Monkey

Which Transfer Case?

Heys guys, need you advice. Currently I have a Amc Th400 with the quadratrac. Looking to replace it. I have a NP203 with part time conversion laying around and since it is free would like to use. Is there an adapter to bolt the two together? Should I look for a different Trans case to use? I will be using a GM corporate 14 bolt in rear and differnet axle up front not sure what yet, so front driveshaft location is not a factor as of now. Also, is a cable style shift mechanism available for said T/C or any other I might be able to use? Thanks guys
    "The Dalli Lama has granted me total conciosness upon my death bed, Sooo I got that going for me, Which is nice."
    -Carl Spackler

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    You could use the 203, but you'd have to find the tailhousing, output shaft, and adapter from a GM TH400, then completely disassemble your TH400 to swap the parts. I think the Q-trac input is 10 spline, the 203 is 23 spline. I've never seen a direct adapter.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Thanks for the help, I guess my next question would be, what transfer case should I use? That can bolt up to the th400 by its self or with an adapter. I will be using a GM 10.5 full floating rear with a Dana 60 pass side diff front.
    "The Dalli Lama has granted me total conciosness upon my death bed, Sooo I got that going for me, Which is nice."
    -Carl Spackler

Thank you from BT Ultra tech
    I'm doin a TH400/D300 Setup myself for what its worth.

-Dave
    2005 Dodge Neon SRT4 W/Injen SRI, Prothane Race Inserts, Autometer 30/30 Boost Gauge, & AGP Wastegate She's pushin' 19lbs of Boost.

1976 CJ7/304 W/Edelbrock intake & 600CFM Carb/Q-Track (Part Time Conversion)/TH400/Painless Wiring Harness/HEI Dist.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Don't know of any direct swaps - the output shaft on the TH400 is loooooong and 10 spline - specifically for the Quad. You have to replace the output shaft in the TH400 to swap tcases.

Oh, and don't forget that your rear axle is offset also...

thanks for the help guys
    -Carl Spackler