Dana 44 is pretty much the same between Ford/Chevy/Jeep, like said above.

I used the GM housing because it was SOA and FREE. I cut it because I didn't want to outboard the springs. Some guys with SUA run a Wagoneer 44 with just the long side cut, but the chevy is wider so both sides had to be cut. The short side to wagoneer length worked for widetrack width. The 44 axles have the bigger 297X u-joints, and the internal lockout hubs. I consistently broke u-joints and hubs on my Dana 30 with 35" tires.

Ford rotors for the 5 on 5 1/2" lug pattern, so I didn't have to buy new wheels or run 2 different lug patterns. Ford rotors are the same diameter and thickness as GM. I was using GM flat top knuckles for the high steer and GM calipers and backing plates. Ford spindles are about 3/8" shorter than GM, and there was no way to get the inside brake pad in place with Ford spindles. The GM 72-74 spindles have the same bearing diameter as Ford, but are taller. All lockouts interchange, so that was a matter of preference, I found a junkyard set of Jeep lockouts.

With diff carriers, you have to decide on Jeep or GM, I went with Jeep, to use the stock short Jeep axle shaft. One maker has the axle splines cut at 30 degrees, the other 45 (I don't remember which), so you have to pick one carrier and axle and stick with it.

It took some hours looking thru Dana spec books at a friends shop to get an idea of what I needed, then more hours at the boneyards locating parts. I hope to share the knowledge and save anyone else some of the headaches I went thru.

Bob
tufcj