Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
Dana 60 front
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dana 60 front

Thank you from BT Master Mechanic

Dana 60 front

Didn't the J20 come with one?

anything close fit to a J10 out of a Chevy or Dodge?
    If this new part can't break....what old part will??

No Jeep ever came with a 60 front. You'll want a Chevy 60 from a SRW. Typically, they were in K30s from 77-87.

Some old 3/4 and 1 ton fords had the HP 60 front. (70's) I've been looking for one for years, and have yet to find one that someone will part with.

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    check the junkyards.

Thank you from BT Master Mechanic
    I'm a grove hunter myself. That how I came along my parts truck. I do know were 2 or 3 old chevys are, that have divorced NP205's...but I'm not sure what the front ends are. He also has a old Javelin or 2 and a Gremlin. Maybe If I stop I'll snap a pic or 2.
    Have to take a trip next weekend to drop my son off and will look around on the way back. Now that the leaves are coming off the trees you can see way back into the groves.
    If this new part can't break....what old part will??

Thank you from BT Ultra tech

?????????/

whats an SRW?
    SPEED COSTS MONEY: HOW FAST DO YOU WANT TO GO?

Thank you from BT Grease Monkey
    SRW= Single Rear Wheels
    "The Dalli Lama has granted me total conciosness upon my death bed, Sooo I got that going for me, Which is nice."
    -Carl Spackler

Dualies have a retarded ass extended hub/rotor assembly for the bud wheels........been there done that............Brother picked up a chevy D60 complete for 600 bucks.....old Consol Coal pit truck....too bad it was for a dualie
    1980 CJ-5, 360 powered, T-18, Dana 20, Advanced Adapters output , 4.56's, Dana 30 frt chromoly shafts w/297 joints and Tru-Trac and M20 rear with Detroit, Superior shafts, and disc brakes and Tom Woods frt and rear shafts.........about 10k in misc aftermarket parts!

Quote Originally Posted by Soylent_Green
    Some old 3/4 and 1 ton fords had the HP 60 front. (70's) I've been looking for one for years, and have yet to find one that someone will part with.
    That's the 78-79 SnoFighter and Camper special F250 (high GVWR) and the F350. Those are the high pinion, king pin, DS drop.

Ford = DS drop
    Chevy/Dodge = PS drop

You can machine down a dually hub or just purchase the SRW hubs.

I forget the years, but some later model Fords have a KP60 as well.

Everything you ever needed to know about D60 fronts:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billav...ont/index.html

Doug Brown has more 60s than you can shake a stick at:

http://www.extremeaxlesales.com/

Helpfull BT forum member Junior wrench of the Forum
    [quote="dan58"]
    Quote Originally Posted by Soylent_Green
    That's the 78-79 SnoFighter and Camper special F250 (high GVWR) and the F350. Those are the high pinion, king pin, DS drop.

Ford = DS drop
    Chevy/Dodge = PS drop

You can machine down a dually hub or just purchase the SRW hubs.

I forget the years, but some later model Fords have a KP60 as well.

You don't have to machine down anything on Ford dually front D60's. The dually hubs unbolt. Its only the Chevy axles that have to be machined off.

ALL Ford D60's from 1978-up are reverse-cut (what is commonly called high-pinion).

I don't know if its just the part of the country you guys are living in, but there's no shortage here in Michigan. I've personally had 3 of the 78-79 HPD60's in the past 6 months (and 1 right now) and probably 3 or 4 other ones that have been a mixture of kingpin and balljoint. I'll start keeping an eye out for you guys.

The trend is going towards ball joint on lighter vehicles since the ball joints on these axles were designed to hold up a lot more weight. A lot of people are also moving towards unit bearing axles. Although the bearing assemblies are much more expensive, they are much more resistant to contamination by mud/water when submerged and some suppliers (like NAPA) are now offering unlimited lifetime warranties. I now have a set of those on my Ram.