Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Dana 60 front - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dana 60 front

I would be interested to know if there was one available up there. I don't think my D44 is going to put up with my right foot for much longer...

Thank you from BT Master Mechanic
    I don't know if its just the part of the country you guys are living in, but there's no shortage here in Michigan. I've personally had 3 of the 78-79 HPD60's in the past 6 months (and 1 right now) and probably 3 or 4 other ones that have been a mixture of kingpin and balljoint. I'll start keeping an eye out for you guys.
    If you ever find one let me know...I will drive out there and pick it up from you for right price I live in MN and have a brother in Michigan...on the up
    If this new part can't break....what old part will??

Helpfull BT forum member Junior wrench of the Forum
    Jeep_Man_401, I think I may have located a 78 HPD60, but this would be the wrong drop for you based on what I have read unless you want to change your t-case (or re-tube). I'll keep an eye out for a Chevy/Dodge for you. These are not that far from me, but they are not cheap. However, they are mostly new, have 35-spline outers, geared, Detroit'd f&r, and it includes some steering parts:

Dana 60 front. 4.88. Detroit. 0 miles on all parts. Completely rebuilt, new. 35 spline outers w/lockouts and drive flanges.
    14 bolt rear. 4.88 Detroit. Used, but not a thing wrong with it.
    Cross over steering setup. Arm, drag link, steering box, pitman arm. Thinking of going a different direction with the truck, but I can only do it if I sell this first. This is a COMPLETE setup. Located near Yale, MI. $2500

If anybody would like me to look for candidates, PM me with the specific configuration you would prefer.

I'm guessing that the 80-up FSJ crowd wants to stick to the 78-79 HPD60's due to the close match on the perch spacing and inboarded diff (longer driver tube), but later models are fine for people running 4-links. As for the 78-79 HPD44/D60 combos, I find them fairly frequently and they typically have 4.10's. These are nice since they are factory SOA, flat-top, reverse-cut, typically equipped with lockouts, and have dual-piston calipers.

I'll post links to whatever I see that is not feasible for me to handle personally due to distance or equipment limitations. (I'm currently in the market for a better utility trailer.)

Quote Originally Posted by dan58
    No Jeep ever came with a 60 front. You'll want a Chevy 60 from a SRW. Typically, they were in K30s from 77-87.
    The Jeep M715 came with a front D60, but it was the SUA closed knuckle coarse spline.
    '65 J200 401

Quote Originally Posted by 76-cj7
    Dualies have a retarded ass extended hub/rotor assembly for the bud wheels........been there done that............Brother picked up a chevy D60 complete for 600 bucks.....old Consol Coal pit truck....too bad it was for a dualie
    Get'a a cheaper DRW D60 front end, swap in a 74" wms rear D70 HD from a GM DRW pickup and run H1 rims without recentering them;)
    Here's a cheap one ($600) in NJ if it hasn't been snagged up already:
    http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...hlight=dana+60

I pull the D70 HD's around here for $35. on a good day;)

'65 J200 401

H1s are fine, but you're stuck with 16.5" wheels. Yuck. You're hubs will stick out and get clobbered by rocks.

The rims are cheap (at least around here, ~$65) and you can add rock plates to 'em so if the axle is only $600 I can deal with the tire choices. Just saying it ain't a boat anchor, considering lots of people feel it is... I was able to get the front 60 rear 70HD for ~$400 and the H1 rims/37"s for another $250.

These are for the 8 bolt H1's, at $115/4:

'65 J200 401

You can't get Krawlers in a 16.5.

I won't run anything else, but you won't find me anywhere near mud either. Rocks are my playground.