Thread: Sway bar

Sway bar

I know this is going to sound retarded but my CJ doesnt have a sway bar, nor have i ever seen the sway bar set up on a cj, anyone have pictures of where it mounts and how it mounts, the hayne manual doesnt cover it. I'm thinking of buying a used sway bar and some quick disconnects, does it matter that i have a 4in suspension lift when ordering the links?
    100%RHINOLINED,AMC360,D300,D60F&R,35"BFG MT, 6"^,Breaks down every chance it gets. My lady calls it the Death Star
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2431277

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    It was one of the first things I took off and threw away on my CJ.

I don't have any pics. There should be 2 holes on the bottom of the frame with welded nuts midway between the bump stops and front shackles. There was a strap there that held the sway bar. There should be 2 studs on the spring plates in front of the axle that held the end of the links. They look like extra shock mounts, and a lot of guys used them for dual shocks.

I really don't see much use for them, especially with stiffer springs from a lift kit. Good luck trying to find a sway bar, most guys did what I did.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    I have a 1977 CJ5 V8 that came from the factory with no sway bar.. with the compliant "flexy springs in my 2" kit it is pretty exciting to drive at highway speeds.. Hellwig sells a sway bar for it and if you look in the back of the quadratech catalog where they show the front suspension blow up view they show the spring plates with the extra studs on them..
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.

its pretty exciting to say the least, my jeep is nicknamed the death star because of it lmao
    100%RHINOLINED,AMC360,D300,D60F&R,35"BFG MT, 6"^,Breaks down every chance it gets. My lady calls it the Death Star
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2431277

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    I just removed my swaybar and quick disconnects. They have all the brackets still attatched.