Thread: Body work cj7

Body work cj7

Working on the body for my CJ7. I replaced the corners and they came out good!. Now I am moving to the side panels and the seatbelt and rollbar areas. Anybody have pics of what they did in that area. I am concerned that the roll bar bolts are smaller than the seatbelt bolts. I was going to replace the seatbelt mounting and build it up. I also looked at the frame tie in kits for the roll bar. Looking for ideas and such.

Thanks
    Nothing is fool proof to a sufficiently tallented fool!

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    Making your own repair panels, or buying weld-in replacements? I think MC can get panels thru Omix-Ada.

For a roll cage-frame tie-in kit, check out M.O.R.E. www.mountainoffroad.com

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

I ditched the original seatbelts, put in a 5 point simpson harness, welded a bar across the back rollbar for the top harness, as its suppose to be at the height of your shoulders, its pretty easy, makes you toy safe, and looks good
    100%RHINOLINED,AMC360,D300,D60F&R,35"BFG MT, 6"^,Breaks down every chance it gets. My lady calls it the Death Star
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2431277

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS

Re: Body work cj7

Quote Originally Posted by grignac48
    Working on the body for my CJ7. I replaced the corners and they came out good!. Now I am moving to the side panels and the seatbelt and rollbar areas. Anybody have pics of what they did in that area. I am concerned that the roll bar bolts are smaller than the seatbelt bolts. I was going to replace the seatbelt mounting and build it up. I also looked at the frame tie in kits for the roll bar. Looking for ideas and such.

Thanks
    Well if I remember right the roll bars and seatbelts are both 3/8's grade 8. When I rebuilt my B-pillers (85 CJ), I had the skin off the outside and welded in 7/16 nuts after fixing the pillar its self. Then I welded in the new sheet metal panels.

After doing all that, I too went with a 4-point harness, but still have the stock belts just in case VDOT doesn't think the 4-point is safe (wouldn't surprise me)
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE