Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Carnage...

Thread: Carnage...

Thank you from BT Master Mechanic

Carnage...

So is this better?

Had less than 600 miles on the rebuild!
    Looks like the chain broke, duh. I thought it sounded like more hit the floorboard than that little hole. lol.

Yep...the chain broke...

It should have a good diff and low range in it yet if anyone is interested? I'll throw in the chain for free.

Available this coming spring...stock Dana 44 rear out of J10.
    If this new part can't break....what old part will??

Holy Shnikeys! What brand of chain did you use in the rebuild? I have 350 HP going through a QT with a Cloyes chain and haven't had a bit of trouble. If you're doing a lot of heavy wheeling, you must be certain the e-drive is working properly or that can happen. I would be interested in the diff. Let me know what you'd want for it.
    73 J4500 "The Slut"
    78 Cherokee Chief "Old Blue"

Not sure on the brand of chain...had the parts store at the college get it for me as Cloyes was on back order in town. I'm guessing it was a lesser quality brand!

I am at 460hp and had a few passes in the 1/8 mile on it, 1 truck pull and alot of wood hauling.
    I suspect that the chain started breaking or binding a few weeks ago.
    The diff was rebuilt using the best of 3 other QT cases. PM me for parts...

460 horses may be a little too much power for the QT to handle. I'll have to try and find the info in one of my factory manuals, but I believe it said the most HP to put through a QT is 350. If you were to install a part-time kit that does away with the clutch cones/center diff, I suspect it would be more tolerant of the higher HP.
    73 J4500 "The Slut"
    78 Cherokee Chief "Old Blue"

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.

jb weld,just kidding.that sucks. time for a gear driven 20 300 or 205

Yep, going to a NP205 and a 14bolt rear. Have parts now...just waiting for it to get warm out now.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by jeep_man_401
    Not sure on the brand of chain...had the parts store at the college get it for me as Cloyes was on back order in town. I'm guessing it was a lesser quality brand!
    Ya think!?

Sorry, trying to avoid this w/my T-5
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Helpfull BT forum member Junior wrench of the Forum
    Quote Originally Posted by J4GRAND
    460 horses may be a little too much power for the QT to handle. I'll have to try and find the info in one of my factory manuals, but I believe it said the most HP to put through a QT is 350. If you were to install a part-time kit that does away with the clutch cones/center diff, I suspect it would be more tolerant of the higher HP.
    X2!
    Bryan Smith
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
    - 5.7 HEMI powered
    1982 Jeep J10
    - Progress toward road-worthiness is being made!
    1981 Jeep J20
    - Commercial flat bed - Long term Project: RUST! Long term project (RUST!)

Most of the guys I see are pulling with manual trans so they lose less HP than my th400 (hp hog!) but I plan on stroking this motor with the stroker kit and 'cheating' alittle by running E85.

The rules say you have to drive the truck to the pull to enter the class I pull in but you must run one carb also. Well, last 2 years I pulled locally with my truck I had 2 carbs. So going to one carb should make me less noticeable...other than I have the only jeep in all the pulls and the lightest chassis also. Maybe they will look closer if I actually start to win.