Bulltear Ad

Thread: Bulltear HEI Plug Wire Set

Helpfull BT forum member Junior wrench of the Forum

Bulltear HEI Plug Wire Set

Well, It looks as if I will miss out on the special price for Bulltear's HEI dizzy before it ends 12/31.
    My question today, when I do order an HEI distributor, when makes the best premade, plug in and go wire set.
    When I did the TFI on my J20, I bought two set of wires.
    The first set did not have a long enough wire to each the #8 plug.
    The second set, I had to over the passenger valve cover to get to both the #7 and the #8, instead of routing them neatly along the bottom of the valve pan, like I did the other 6 six wires.

I've had really crappy luck with the cut, crimp and make your own plug wires.
    If DIY is the only way to go, then what brand/part numbers work best?
    Bryan Smith
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
    - 5.7 HEMI powered
    1982 Jeep J10
    - Progress toward road-worthiness is being made!
    1981 Jeep J20
    - Commercial flat bed - Long term Project: RUST! Long term project (RUST!)

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    I know DUI makes HEI plugs for the AMC but i dont know if they will fit with bulltears unit. cut to length universal plugs work pretty well not real pretty but good enough.

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    You can get a set of Universal ACCEL Super Stock 8mm Wires... You should get the ones that need to be cut... this way they'll fit the way that you want them to...
    With the boots... I normally use a touch of vasoline on my large needle noses insert in the boot and expand them doing a complete 360... This makes sliding the ends in 20x easier. Don't stretch it to far just enough to give a good push and she's seated properly... You can use the electric compound also... probably prefered.. I don't have any so I went with what I had... When cutting the ends.. Use a new razor and gently put pressure on the protective outer... it's best to practice on a long set and do a couple of practice cuts at the end, just to get the feel for cutting that material.

I found that HEI wires for a '76 Buick V-8 work pretty good.

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    I had a set of the champion ceramic boot truck wires from a SB chev in a motor home, not sure if they were for that application, but they seemed to fit OK.
    parting several FSJ'S

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by fifesjeep
    You can get a set of Universal ACCEL Super Stock 8mm Wires... You should get the ones that need to be cut... this way they'll fit the way that you want them to...
    With the boots... I normally use a touch of vasoline on my large needle noses insert in the boot and expand them doing a complete 360... This makes sliding the ends in 20x easier. Don't stretch it to far just enough to give a good push and she's seated properly... You can use the electric compound also... probably prefered..
    Just put the ACCEL 8mm on the Heap (RED to match the paint scheme ) - yea, PITA to get them made using the crimping tool they provide (a vise makes it easy, but I don't have a vise mounted on my Jeep ) And keep the moulded sparkplug boot - it's easier to trim and fit the cap side boot. A little silicon on the metal tip and in the cap-boot and push that sucker on there

And use some 'electronic grease' - silicone (I use CRC brand personally), it's not expensive, it's water proof and keeps the corrosion down. I use it on ALL of my connectors on the Jeep, not just plug wires. If the 'grease' is there, water and gunk don't have a place to accumulate and short out Vaselene will melt out over time I would think ...
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE