Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Stretched scrambler

Thread: Stretched scrambler

Stretched scrambler

Who on this board streched a CJ-8? Found some pics of one 20" longer on Collins Bros. Jeeps website and made me think of somebody on here......
    1980 CJ-5, 360 powered, T-18, Dana 20, Advanced Adapters output , 4.56's, Dana 30 frt chromoly shafts w/297 joints and Tru-Trac and M20 rear with Detroit, Superior shafts, and disc brakes and Tom Woods frt and rear shafts.........about 10k in misc aftermarket parts!

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    Mudrat was one of the Stretchers.
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS

Re: Stretched scrambler

Quote Originally Posted by 76-cj7
    Who on this board streched a CJ-8? Found some pics of one 20" longer on Collins Bros. Jeeps website and made me think of somebody on here......
    That would be me Not sure why they would go 20" though? 18" behind the 'B'-pillar allows you to fit a CJ7 hard top
    (The original thread is HERE)

Wish I still had it - I would probably bob the back end reducing the departure angle, but keep the wheelbase, the CJ7 top (from the Red CJ in the middle pic) and still have about 2" of "bed" to keep the crap
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

The one they had pictured was stretched 20"s and it just made me think of yours.
    1980 CJ-5, 360 powered, T-18, Dana 20, Advanced Adapters output , 4.56's, Dana 30 frt chromoly shafts w/297 joints and Tru-Trac and M20 rear with Detroit, Superior shafts, and disc brakes and Tom Woods frt and rear shafts.........about 10k in misc aftermarket parts!