Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Power Steering Pressure Line

Thread: Power Steering Pressure Line

Power Steering Pressure Line

My power steering pressure line broke on the metal portion of the hose where it screw in to the pump, it screws off the hose, so anyways I'm in the process of using a brake like to replace it. I know you guys get really technical when answering questions, I need this to last till Wednesday- will it last 4 days like this or does it build up to much pressure. Can this be a permanent solution, if it does leak from all this rigging?
    100%RHINOLINED,AMC360,D300,D60F&R,35"BFG MT, 6"^,Breaks down every chance it gets. My lady calls it the Death Star
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2431277

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS

Re: Power Steering Pressure Line

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinolined360
    My power steering pressure line broke on the metal portion of the hose where it screw in to the pump, it screws off the hose, so anyways I'm in the process of using a brake like to replace it. I know you guys get really technical when answering questions, I need this to last till Wednesday- will it last 4 days like this or does it build up to much pressure. Can this be a permanent solution, if it does leak from all this rigging?
    Couple things here -

First how do you get a little brake line to fit the connection? My sup & rtn PS hoses are like 5/8"???

Second, I had brake lines made that support 9K PSI so it should handle the 1-1.5K pressure on the pump pressure side, but ...

Third, if it is the small diameter line - your going to have steering problems just do to the lack of volumn which means your NOT gunna steer worth a crap. And that is a bad thing

Why not just replace the hose and fittings?
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Napa carries a variety of brake line fittings, as described my line broke on the metal connector, my presure hose was custom made when i started the project. A metal elbow screws into the pump, then the other end screws into the pressure rubber line, then from there it screws into an elbow then screws into the saginaw. I used a brake line about 6inch with a 3/8 male course w/ two female ends, cut off one end hooked in the old nut with a new a farrow and connected it with no leaks to the pump end where the old one broke. I know everything i just wrote sounds very hillbilly, if you guys really care ill take picture of what i did, but it worked.
    100%RHINOLINED,AMC360,D300,D60F&R,35"BFG MT, 6"^,Breaks down every chance it gets. My lady calls it the Death Star

I am replacing the line as described too, lol it wont be in till wednesday!!!!! but my brake line job has gotten my jeep steering around

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Yes it will hold. I have made many hydraulic lines for steering in the past and modified many different power steering lines with flares.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    With brake line? That's only 1/4 ID at best!!! How do you get enough flow thru it??

" “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    I said it will hold..may not work well enough but You can also find larger ID brakeline as well. Most parts auto stores have universal hydraulic fittings and hoses and most will fix or make you a new line.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Well wut it seems to me that he's prob using 5/16 or 3/8 metal line.....its all labeled brake line from 3/16 up to 3/8 and the 3/8 would be the same size as the metal part of a OE line so it would work out great.....i just dunno bout not having any flex in the line with the rocking of a reving motor.....might stress crack it unless you coil it a few times
    1980 CJ-5, 360 powered, T-18, Dana 20, Advanced Adapters output , 4.56's, Dana 30 frt chromoly shafts w/297 joints and Tru-Trac and M20 rear with Detroit, Superior shafts, and disc brakes and Tom Woods frt and rear shafts.........about 10k in misc aftermarket parts!

After going back and re-reading the previous post i understand your set-up now.......sounds like it would work just fine and dandy and as long as they don't leak id leave here alone and run it
    1980 CJ-5, 360 powered, T-18, Dana 20, Advanced Adapters output , 4.56's, Dana 30 frt chromoly shafts w/297 joints and Tru-Trac and M20 rear with Detroit, Superior shafts, and disc brakes and Tom Woods frt and rear shafts.........about 10k in misc aftermarket parts!

yeah its 3/8