Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
CJ5 Body Tub Weight

Thread: CJ5 Body Tub Weight

CJ5 Body Tub Weight

Can anyone tell me about how much the body tubs weigh? I'll be driving down to georgia to pick one up, and the guy keeps telling me I'd better have a lot of people to help pick it up onto my trailer. I doubt it'll be too hard, considering I have ramps and a come-along.

one other small question, way off topic, probably wrong category, but anyways, when does the NEWBIE label go away? Is it after a certain amount of posts, or period of time??

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    The new status goes away after a certain number of posts (25 maybe?).

The body tub (depending on seats, dash, heater), will weigh between 400-500 lbs. We took the steel body off my CJ7 pretty easily with just a guy on each corner (4 of us). I could move the 'glass body by myself.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!! pyagid's Avatar
    i loaded this up myself with a come along

Complete tub, seats, dash, roll bar everything. It was pretty easy.

Where are you going to pic this tub up? I am in CT and if it is not far from me I could give a hand

My father and I placed a bare YJ tub onto his chassis our selves, and the 2 of us also carried a CJ-5 tub ourselves.

-Paul
    "Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source

georgia, I've got two friends coming along for the ride, we're gonna make a short road trip out of it. Plus, I've got a come along, I'm confident we'll have no trouble loading it.

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    4 of us lifted of a cj7 tub over the shifter handle and everything it was maybe 400lbs and we did the same with a cj5 tub it was a little lighter but not much.