Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Just Got A AMC 401

Thread: Just Got A AMC 401

Just Got A AMC 401

im new to the form just got an AMC 401 for my 81 CJ 5

Re: Just Got A AMC 401

Quote Originally Posted by jasmore
    im new to the form just got an AMC 401 for my 81 CJ 5
    Congrats your going to love it.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    Welcome to Bulltear.

You're lucky to find a 401, they're getting harder to find and much more expensive. The newest ones are nearly 30 years old now.

Gonna be a hand full in a CJ5.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Hope you like it. I just pulled the 401 out of my CJ5 and replaced it with a 304. The 401 had Holley ProJection on it, headers and a big cam. This beast drank 26 gals of fuel on the Rubicon last year. That's about 2 gallons per mile.

Lots of power, though. No sand hill will stop you!

2mpg

I hope i get more than that or i'll put the 304 back in also. Found another 401 i;m thinging on getting also.
    james

First of all, congratulations James on finding both 401's. I figure Super CJ is right...your not gonna like the mileage! But I may be able to help you out and save you some time and money at the same time! You are probably thinking REBUILD!!! There's a $1000 or so...then labor of switching out the engines...there's another $400-$500! Another $800 in Chiropractor bills to work out the kinks and misalignments of trying to line up everything so it will bolt up!!! Sounds to me like your gonna have about $2500 plus the $150 you paid for the engine to begin with! Sooooo......Have I got a deal for you!!!! Instead of spending all this money and possibly hurting yourself,,,,I tell ya what I'll do! I'll save you all that money and then give you a profit by paying you $250 for that engine and you won't even have to worry about shipping it to me cause I'll come and get it! There you go!!!!Don't get much better than that!!!! And just so you know, I wouldn't do this for just anybody, but because you are new and all, I wanted to give you a rememberable "Welcome Aboard"!
    IF FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED...THEN MOPEDAL!

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689