Bulltear Ad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with tired old 360

Sorry about that my mind said 750 but fingers typed 600.
    Uncle is pulling engine out today and is tearing it down for rebuild. He has owned many amc's and told me that he will do an oil mod "Even if you say no, Im not gonna ruin this engine because you dont know Squatt about amc's"
    Will post the results when its done.

Chebby's sux, Fords rust, but jeep's Run forever.

PS would the AMC EFI 1000CFM from yall be overkill?

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudrat
    Quote Originally Posted by fifesjeep
    On paper anything can be made to look good.
    And when are you coming up for YOUR stuff?? You've been back and I'm still here.
    When I have a minute of free time and the extra cash to get the left-over junk.
    (Just purchased an old/new 401 crank for my next 360)... $562.38 shipped to the door
    My ole' lady is making me sell the Big Jeep (The one with the built 360).. No worries though, she said I can build another motor... (I guess she doesn't realize I need a vehicle to put it in) AMX or Javelin is in mind... Maybe a tubbed Gremlin

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    My ole' lady is making me sell the Big Jeep (The one with the built 360)..
    And there-in lies my problem too. Spousel units say's I have to get rid of some of my 'stuff' before I bring home the next project - a 1986 Grand Waggy.

The good new for you is I may be able to trade a-bunch-o-'stuff' off for the Wag.

I'll let you look through what's left, but I don't think it's really worth keeping The 401 heads are really 360's and beat to crap so a deep-mill and serious chamberwork are in order.

Call me when you get a chance - we'll talk
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Are you interested in Buying an 1982 CJ-7... With more than a few ponies under the hood T18 granny, D20 twin stick, I already yanked out the 14 Bolt and D60 front... tossed under a d60 rear and HD D44 with flat tops, (4.10's)... It still has the 42's but I'm going to remove those and put on some 38's... I'm also taking out my Pro-Billet Distributor.. I'll toss in the Cardone Distributor (part # 304891 with MSD part # 8414... Cap, rotor and adapter, and MSD part # 8869, Ford to MSD pigtail)... The 6AL will go with the Jeep... So sad... All that time and money dropped into that heep...

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Are you interested in Buying an 1982 CJ-7... ...
    Me? No. I have a Waggy comming and an 86CJ to finish after surgery. I do still have the parts here you wanted from Jack though.
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Quote Originally Posted by Mudrat
    Are you interested in Buying an 1982 CJ-7... ...
    Me? No. I have a Waggy comming and an 86CJ to finish after surgery. I do still have the parts here you wanted from Jack though.
    It was worth a shot... I think I'm going to run this Jeep hard for a little while to see what I can get out of the 360 and then drop it off or rebuild it for a stroker.