Thread: Need Help

Thank you from BT Grease Monkey

Need Help

Does anyone know where I can get a torque converter inspectoin cover for a T400 with a 304. Been looking everywhere and cant find one.
    "The Dalli Lama has granted me total conciosness upon my death bed, Sooo I got that going for me, Which is nice."
    -Carl Spackler

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    What are the specs? Have you been able to make a template?

Can you make one? I've had to make the last 2-3 for the trannies I've put in.
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    76-79 CJ or Wagoneer with an auto. I doubt you're going to find any new ones, since it's been nearly 30 years since they've used it.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    I might have one in the box in the back... I rebuilt a TH400 and have a few extra parts... I'll look tonight when I get done with work...

Quote Originally Posted by Mudrat
    What are the specs? Have you been able to make a template?

Can you make one? I've had to make the last 2-3 for the trannies I've put in.
    It has been some time that I have been under my drag car with a TH400 in it but I think any TH 400 cover would fit does not need to be for an AMC as it bolts to the trany not the motor IIRC.
    For drags I was told to keep it off to cool the converter could not tell you what it might be as its been years since I installed the Th400.
    Dave ----
    75 GremlinX v8 64k
    76 GremlinX i6 (15yr sons)
    70 Javelin MD 390/4sp (360 now)
    70 Javelin 1/4 Drag car 360/auto best time 12.88...best speed 103.64 mph...best 60' 1.835 no tuning

Thank you from BT Grease Monkey
    Thanks for the help guys, I might try to find a chevy piece and see if that works.
    "The Dalli Lama has granted me total conciosness upon my death bed, Sooo I got that going for me, Which is nice."
    -Carl Spackler

Helpfull BT forum member Captain
    I have about eight of these from AMC 258's, 360's and 401's. They all appear the same laying them on top of each other. Outside of one being aluminum is there any way to tell?
    No CJ's left. 1968 AMC = long term.