Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Detroit No-Spin

Thread: Detroit No-Spin

Detroit No-Spin

Well im pretty sure i broke it last night ....dr. side wheel is motionless and passenger just keeps on spinning.....does anybody know what kind of warrenty this things have? Bought it a little over a year ago and i kinda liked it too......im going to tear her apart tonite and see whats up and maybe get some carnage pictures on here ...does anybody know who makes a decent spool for an AMC 20? I was thinkin bout just tossing in a welded open carrier and saying the hell with it......opinions and suggestions are appreciated
    1980 CJ-5, 360 powered, T-18, Dana 20, Advanced Adapters output , 4.56's, Dana 30 frt chromoly shafts w/297 joints and Tru-Trac and M20 rear with Detroit, Superior shafts, and disc brakes and Tom Woods frt and rear shafts.........about 10k in misc aftermarket parts!

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    TrueTrac (Detroit) was bought out by Eaton a little over 2 years ago. You'd probably have to contact them.

Just looking at the online owners manual, it looks like 1 year from date of DELIVERY, or 100,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

http://www.eaton.com/EatonCom/Produc...iteId=EatonCom

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Well the locker is a ok.....started tearing into it and dr. side axle shaft right where it necks down for the splines into the carrier.....these are Superior's Evolution series shafts....i think theres a 2 yr warrenty which puts me in the clear as long as i can find the papers for em....tossed another one is for right now so i can drive it but ima try and get some pictures up later tonite....this is the cleanest straightest break.....its awesome haha
    1980 CJ-5, 360 powered, T-18, Dana 20, Advanced Adapters output , 4.56's, Dana 30 frt chromoly shafts w/297 joints and Tru-Trac and M20 rear with Detroit, Superior shafts, and disc brakes and Tom Woods frt and rear shafts.........about 10k in misc aftermarket parts!

haha.....y'all like?

That's definitely a heat treat issue! That's really odd for Superior because they're usually a great shaft. Call them, and they should send one right out to you. I'd start with the vendor who sold them.

I bought them through Summit Racing back on 07/09/06 and haven't had any issues other than this happening. I've only got 35" bias baja claws on it, but trying to pull on a buddy in some ruts and 6,000 RPMS in 4-hi prob didnt help at all haha

Well....i contacted Summit and they are swapping both axles for me and apparently there is a lifetime warrenty on these axles......i mentioned the heat treat issues and they told me they are going to swap both since it is a pair of axles....so guess wut im doing tonite so i can go up tomorrow?

Excellent. Glad to hear it.

Took the trip up today and all was swapped and now i have 2 brand new axles