Thread: FSJ Parts & Places

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS

FSJ Parts & Places

Thought I'd make a post for y'all to post up where you get what parts, or if you have some FSJ specific parts on hand you don't need anymore :-)

It should be a sticky, but I don't have any control in this forum
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    I still have some spare stuff around, IFSJA BJ'S Offroad, ZMJeeps those are the main ones.
    parting several FSJ'S

Quote Originally Posted by mrtazwrench
    I still have some spare stuff around, IFSJA BJ'S Offroad, ZMJeeps those are the main ones.
    Got the hard parts for the engine - need the window rubbers for the front and rear doors to keep water out of the doors. Found some at BJ's but DAMN!!! they are spendy
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudrat
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtazwrench
    Got the hard parts for the engine - need the window rubbers for the front and rear doors to keep water out of the doors. Found some at BJ's but DAMN!!! they are spendy
    You could try hitting some of the wag spcialty places, but I'm guessing the prices won't be any better.
    parting several FSJ'S

Thank you from BT Ultra tech

FSJ REBUILDS

I AM IN THE PROCESS OF REVIVING AN 87 J-20. I HAVE DONE A FEW OF THESE IN THE PAST. HERE IS ONE I DID IN 1997 AND SOLD IN 2002:

http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=48645

MY CURRENT ONE IS IN DECENT CONDITION WITH ZERO ROT IN THE CAB FLOOR OR BED. SAT FOR A LONG TIME SO I NEED TO REPLACE A LOT OF STUFF
    SPEED COSTS MONEY: HOW FAST DO YOU WANT TO GO?

I used some XJ door seals on my '73 J4000, but had to adjust the door to allow for the extra thickness of the seals. (then I rolled the truck while trying to avoid hitting a black horse that was in the middle of the road. This was at 11PM at night on a switchback gravel road, right above Sunset falls!)

Just thought I'd mention we have an FSJparts@yahoogroups.com list as well for the used stuff

cool,
    thanks Jim!
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Helpfull BT forum member Junior wrench of the Forum
    Quote Originally Posted by junkyard jim
    I used some XJ door seals on my '73 J4000, but had to adjust the door to allow for the extra thickness of the seals. (then I rolled the truck while trying to avoid hitting a black horse that was in the middle of the road. This was at 11PM at night on a switchback gravel road, right above Sunset falls!)
    Sorry to hear about your truck.

From what I have been told, BJ's seals also require the door to be adjusted.
    Wonder what are the chances the Jeep used the same rubber door gasket materiel on both vehicles?

How well did this XJ door gasket fit?
    Was it long and needed to be cut back or short and need to graft several pieces together?
    Bryan Smith
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
    - 5.7 HEMI powered
    1982 Jeep J10
    - Progress toward road-worthiness is being made!
    1981 Jeep J20
    - Commercial flat bed - Long term Project: RUST! Long term project (RUST!)