Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hood Cowl

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by ironman_gq
    Nice place - haven't seen their site before

Maybe it's time we discuss PLACEMENT of the louvers?? On top would allow water directly down on the air cleaner, carb and engine, on the side?? I jsut have the air cannister and the battery (opposite sides). I think either top or side would allow heat out, butthe side would protect the carb a little better.

Thoughts?
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Helpfull BT forum member Junior wrench of the Forum
    I thought about that, but not a lot. I've got the typical 14" air filter housing which is raised up a bit and has a drop on the lower half of the housing. It's not likely water is going to get into it from the top, I'm much more likely to have water shoot into it from the Krawlers as I have no inner fender wells now. I should get some, they salt the hell out of the roads here and *everything* gets covered in the crap.

Instead of all thoughs fancy louvers, just make yourself some 1" blocks, install them under the hood hinge on the body.
    The blocks I made are 1" square tubing, I cut them 3 1/2" long, found some square black plastic plugs (fence section) at Home Depot to finish them off. They work great and at first glance you don't know they are there.

If you insist on cutting up your hood, find a custom shop and have some real louvers stamped/cut into the hood. Those are real cool!

If I can find some pictures, I'll post them.
    http://www.genright.com/category.aspx?categoryID=117