Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
6-71 - Page 2
Bulltear Ad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6-71

Does anybody know where one can get a new or preferably used blower manifold 70' and up that isn't going to cost me 800-1000 bucks??
    1980 CJ-5, 360 powered, T-18, Dana 20, Advanced Adapters output , 4.56's, Dana 30 frt chromoly shafts w/297 joints and Tru-Trac and M20 rear with Detroit, Superior shafts, and disc brakes and Tom Woods frt and rear shafts.........about 10k in misc aftermarket parts!

I hate to break this to ya', but you ain't gonna build an AMC blower motor on the cheap. At least not with any expectation of reliability.
    Here is a loquacious dissertation from Eddie Stakes about the "Rambler Mentality"
    http://www.planethoustonamx.com/stuf..._mentality.htm

In other words, spend the $$, do it right, do it once.
    1969 Rebel 401 TH400
    1978 J10 401, QT
    1978 Wag 401 QT
    1973 Javelin AMX in pieces.

Thank you from BT Jedi gear head
    Quote Originally Posted by tarior
    I hate to break this to ya', but you ain't gonna build an AMC blower motor on the cheap. At least not with any expectation of reliability.
    Here is a loquacious dissertation from Eddie Stakes about the "Rambler Mentality"
    http://www.planethoustonamx.com/stuf..._mentality.htm

In other words, spend the $$, do it right, do it once.
    Great article, Absolutely the way I feel.
    I can also tell a story about the Blown 401.

Reading thru a couple old magazines a couple years back while researching connecting rods for this moster I came across a article about this "Warren Machine Co." in California and how they made some great (actually the best connecting rods) for AMC's back in the late 1960's and 1970's. So me being the guy I am I researched this company because I wanted the best rods for my build and if this Warren Machine was still in business I was going to have them build me some rods.

Well low and behold they are still in business today!

They are now know as Carillo!

If you don't know the name your not a old gearhead.

Well I call those nice folks and explained what I wanted, just a plain stock "H" beam rod just like old Mark Donahue had.
    Should be easy since they had been making them for 40 years.
    The Engineer/Salesman said he would look up the blueprints and get back to me cause he couldn't find a recent part number sale in his computer to reference.

He calls me back a couple days later to say he looked, chatted with the old timers, and came to the conclusion that Carillo hadn't sold a race ready, AMC 401 stock length and rod size in 30 years and couldn't find a single blueprint in existence!

Long story short I send them a stock 401 rod, two months and 3.5K later I can honestly say I have the first set of "H" beam race ready Carillo connecting rods made by them in 37 years!

Expensive yep, worth every penny and if someone calls Carillo tomorrow the rods are now on CAD drawings.

Jeff
    1979 Jeep CJ-7 401 AMC, GMC 6-71 Blower 10% overdrive, Bugcatcher with electronic fuel injection and a little N2O for fun, all self built. (this supercharger stuff is easy)

Thank you from BT Jedi gear head
    Now if you want to be cheap, make your own manifold, I'm making one now for the 392 Hemi crate based off the new ZR-1 Corvette, with a Whipple twin screw underneath blowing up into the plenum and then down into 6 inch runners into the heads

I have 200 dollars in materials and 12 hours of weld time

1979 Jeep CJ-7 401 AMC, GMC 6-71 Blower 10% overdrive, Bugcatcher with electronic fuel injection and a little N2O for fun, all self built. (this supercharger stuff is easy)

Yea.....this project wont be happening for quite a few years haha.....but im going to pick up another 6-71 tomorrow afternoon.....since i have nothing in them i might as well try and put them to use though
    1980 CJ-5, 360 powered, T-18, Dana 20, Advanced Adapters output , 4.56's, Dana 30 frt chromoly shafts w/297 joints and Tru-Trac and M20 rear with Detroit, Superior shafts, and disc brakes and Tom Woods frt and rear shafts.........about 10k in misc aftermarket parts!