Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 77 CJ7 Power Steering Pulley

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    I've seen the dual pulleys with the different sizes on the 4.2L used in CJ's

I personally have seen most dual pulleys used on v8's with a/c and smog pumps......at least those are the ones ive noticed..........take your old pulley to local parts store and compare with what they have in stock
    1980 CJ-5, 360 powered, T-18, Dana 20, Advanced Adapters output , 4.56's, Dana 30 frt chromoly shafts w/297 joints and Tru-Trac and M20 rear with Detroit, Superior shafts, and disc brakes and Tom Woods frt and rear shafts.........about 10k in misc aftermarket parts!

Thanks for all the replies.

Hotratz, Would you happen to have a part number for that pully from chrysler? I'm actually getting desperate, and wouldn't mind spending the $99.00 for the pully.

Thanks for all the help/suggestions.
    ----------------------------------------
    www.meangreenjeep.com
    Aubrey

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum
    I can get it when I get home from work this afternoon.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    Maybe MC can make some like this for V-belts? Too bad these are only for serp. systems.

http://www.genright.com/category.aspx?categoryID=17

Bob
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    still waiting the serpentine design . . . . with reverse water pumps of course
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum
    Quote Originally Posted by arhame
    Thanks for all the replies.

Hotratz, Would you happen to have a part number for that pully from chrysler? I'm actually getting desperate, and wouldn't mind spending the $99.00 for the pully.

Thanks for all the help/suggestions.
    The AMC P/N is 3227674. I believe I remember when I talked to the Chysler parts counter they found it by adding a "J" to the front of the AMC number.

I just looked under the hood of my Chevy pick-up and it appears it has the same offset. You could take your warped one to a junk yard and try to match it up with a 1976 or later Chevy. The earlier ones had a tapered shaft and a key with a nut holding them on as was the same for the 75 and earlier Jeeps. 76 and on where staright shaft, press fit.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the response hotratz.

I just got back in from the local Jeep dealership down here, and he was able to locate that parts number and cross-reference it with a more current number.

It ended up costing me $132.11, which isn't that big of a deal if this is the correct one.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Thanks again....

NOW, if I could just find those heater cables........
    www.meangreenjeep.com
    Aubrey

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by arhame
    NOW, if I could just find those heater cables........
    Jeep part numbers:
    J546 3656 1 CABLE, Temperature Control
    J546 3657 1 CABLE, Fresh Air Control
    J546 3655 1 CABLE, Heater Control

http://www.thejeep.com
    http://www.lacasadeljeeppr.com
    http://www.vintagejeepparts.com/Parts_Heater_01.asp (he’s twice the price of the first two)
    http://www.jeepparts4less.com/

Just GOOGLE or ASK.com the part numbers above and keep searching – or find a boneyard that has any year CJ I just did a GOOGLE on 5463656,cable and got bunches-o-pages for the temp control cable (the long one)

And no, I'm not getting you them for your birthday cost me enough to get them for my CJ!!!
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thanks for the reply mudrat, but those are for the wrong model jeep.

The climate control cables for the 76-77 jeeps are different than those for the 78-86.

Sadly, I'm becoming quite the expert on the differences between the first two year CJ7's and the last years........

Any other ideas?
    www.meangreenjeep.com
    Aubrey