Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 77 CJ7 Power Steering Pulley

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Sorry, parts book only goes back to 1981 See if you can get the numbers from the $tealership and do a search?

Sadly even http://www.omix-ada.com doesn't list them
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

I've actually contacted Omix-Ada and Crown Automotive to see if they would considering producing the cables that fit the 76-77 models. It would take a couple of years to go through development, PLUS I would have to order an ungodly amount of them for them to even consider producing them.

so that's a no-go also.

If I could find someone who has the measurements of the cables, i found a place up in New Jersey that could possibly make some really high quality replacements - BUT, without some specs on the originals, I would have to guesstimate.

I've also checked with the dealership, and they responded "Sorry sir, but we wouldn't know where to begin to locate that information on a jeep that old". 1. A 77 CJ7 is NOT that old. and 2. A CJ is NOT that old.

Anyways, if anyone would or could possibly measure theirs (from the 76-77 years) or even possibly have an old set (doesn't matter if it's good or not, I just need measurements) I would be GREATLY appreciative.

Thanks again.
    ----------------------------------------
    www.meangreenjeep.com
    Aubrey

The only other place I can think of is Collins Brothers Jeep. They might have either the cables or the specs...

http://www.collinsbrosjeep.com/main.htm
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

I've tried collinsbros also.

For future reference, does anyone here maintain a list of good used jeep parts places, i.e. like a salvage yard or used jeep parts store?

I've came across quite a few with all of the searching I've been doing on this project. Next to collins brothers, another REALLY good one with VERY reasonable prices is J&W Jeep out of California.

http://www.jwjeep.com/

Thanks again for the response...
    www.meangreenjeep.com
    Aubrey

-Ronald Reagan

VOTE

The power steering pully came in on Thursday, and it worked perfectly.

Thanks for the info on the part number.

Still looking for the 77 heater cables.
    www.meangreenjeep.com
    Aubrey

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum
    I went through that whole ordeal myself when I put power steering in my 76 CJ, They were nowhere to be found. I searched and searched for even a part number but couldn't get it either. Finally I found one on ebay that was new old stock. When it arrived it still had the P/N label still stuck to it. I saved the label just in case I had to reference it again. Little did I know someone would need it so soon. I'm still kinda thinking the Chevy ones are the same. I need to confirm that and post it up.