Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
How about a box with a drawer

Thread: How about a box with a drawer

How about a box with a drawer

Instead of your back seat, which mine hasn't seen a cheek of a butt in 5 years (My back-pac has been the only occupant). You have a storage box simular to a Tuffy box except with a drawer.
    19" total height with 10" high drawer and a lid that opens for storage. This instead a 3" useless under seat drawer.

Good idea, Bad idea?

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    I had a box made the same height as the fenderwells. I have a 'glass body with no tailgate so it fits tight and runs the full length of the rear area. 2 compartments with 2 lids, about 99% water tight. I carry tools, fluids, winch equipment in one, spare axles, driveshaft, other parts in the other. All locked shut with locks very similar to a Tuffy. Ran me about $300 at a local sheet metal shop.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by tufcj
    I had a box made the same height as the fenderwells. I have a 'glass body with no tailgate so it fits tight and runs the full length of the rear area. 2 compartments with 2 lids, about 99% water tight. I carry tools, fluids, winch equipment in one, spare axles, driveshaft, other parts in the other. All locked shut with locks very similar to a Tuffy. Ran me about $300 at a local sheet metal shop.

Bob
    tufcj
    Quote Originally Posted by tufcj
    Just returning the favor Bro

Happy Easter
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    Unfortunately, the Jeep is buried in the back of the garage for the winter. I have a 4 car tandem garage (2 wide x 2 deep). The Jeep and AMX sleep in the back for the winter. I'll get some pics up once I take it out for the summer.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Tuffy makes a big box. I think it has a drawer in it as well.

Before I rolled my J4000 I made tool drawers for under the front seats that were accessible when the door was open.