Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
cam bearing install
Bulltear Ad

Thread: cam bearing install

cam bearing install

when the cam bearings are installed are all the oil holes suppossed to be in a straight line...or are some of the holes off kilter a little bit???

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    As long as the oil holes are connecting with the oil slot on the side (which is actually a hole drilled from the main to the main galley at 19 degrees which intersects the cam area). Some will use the smaller hole cam bearings and sometimes a good installer will offset the cam bearing oil hole to do the same effect. It really doesnt matter if the holes arent perfectly in line with the next bearing but it is critical that they meet the feed hole.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

well where are the oil feed holes then..i rememeber when i had my cam bearings installed the oil holes were in a straight line and the holes were at about 10-11'oclock after installed

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    I think more like 7 - 8 o clock

best ever 11.669 @ 112.33 mph in 1/4 mile on 33 x 10.50 slicks and 4" lift / 7.358 @ 93.03 mph in the 1/8 mile

maybe thats what i was i cant fully remember it was so long ago...but when it was done and after the motor was put together i was told that they should be off kilter a little to build pressure but mine were in a straight line....im just trying to diagnose my low oil pressure problem...ive changed everything in the oil system including pickup and pan and after the new pump and oil relocator plate my pressure dropped from 60 cold to 40 cold and it still drop to ten or below at warm idol...and about 25 going down the road at 2400rpm's im convinced that isnt good but im at the point where im gonna run it till it blows up and buy a reman motor

what is your crank clearence to the bearings

best ever 11.669 @ 112.33 mph in 1/4 mile on 33 x 10.50 slicks and 4" lift / 7.358 @ 93.03 mph in the 1/8 mile

how many bends or angled fittings are in your locator line? how long is your hose run from filter to plate and back? what size did you use? what kind of filter are you using?
    The more turns the oil has to make and the farther it has to go and the more or worse filters it has to go through the less pressure you will have. hose that is too small makes all these things worse.

you can also check to see if your cam bearings are in right with a paper clip or piece of wire. If it will go through the cam bearing hole and into the oil passage your fine.

i used everything that bulltear sells in there kit...as far as the hose i used the hose that bulltear gave me i didnt not make it shorter or longer and im using a fram oil filter...im probably gonna change that and see what happens...but i always used a wix filter before i did the relocator plate and the pressure was still the same

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    The oil hole goes from 8:00-10:00 (thats the best way I can describe it.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689