Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1977 jeep buildup

I found the jeep part numbers for these pieces today.

J5459175 is the temp cable
    J5459176 is the defrost cable
    J5460034 is the fresh air cable.

I was able to find the J5460034 cable at a jeep dealership in Milford Connecticut. Hopefully I will have that one next week. Still looking for the other two.

Went out to the Boulder Creek off-road park this past Saturday in a new 2008 Jeep. I was very impressed with what this new one could do without any modifications. We stuck to the class 1 and class 2 trails, but, stock, it was very capable.
    ----------------------------------------
    www.meangreenjeep.com
    Aubrey

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    I work for a jeep dealership in Mn, I just checked the 2 part#'s you still need and there isnt a single dealer in the nation that shows them in stock. Short of finding someone that has a warehouse of nos parts you unfortuinately won't be able to get new ones.
    he who dies with the most toys wins!!!
    69' amx 390 4 speed best et 11.85 @ 116mph
    VOTEBUTTON

Thank you from BT Jedi gear head
    Nice build, reminds me of mine. They sure take some time.

Jeff
    1979 Jeep CJ-7 401 AMC, GMC 6-71 Blower 10% overdrive, Bugcatcher with electronic fuel injection and a little N2O for fun, all self built. (this supercharger stuff is easy)

Wow Blown7,

I was looking at the specs on your Jeep and was wondering if you were using this thing for drag racing or something similar. Would LOVE to see some pics.

Thanks for the response.
    www.meangreenjeep.com
    Aubrey

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by arhame
    Wow Blown7,

I was looking at the specs on your Jeep and was wondering if you were using this thing for drag racing or something similar. Would LOVE to see some pics.

Thanks for the response.
    Have you seen this thread? http://www.bulltear.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7404 It'll 'blow' your mind

I'm waiting to see the whole setup on the frame
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Simply Put: DAMN.

That is a serious piece of hardware.

I have quite a few bulltear products on my 360, including the nickel timing cover, oil-pump setup, remote oil filter, pushrods, oilpan, rockers, thermostat housing, oil filler neck, billet oil filler cap (and some other components I can't think of at the moment - long day with work). All I need now, is the bulltear wheelie bars for the CJ7 and I'm set.......
    www.meangreenjeep.com
    Aubrey

UPDATE

The office got in from lunch today and a package from UPS was at the door. I had ordered a replacement shifter for my 87 wranger from J&W AutoWreckers out of California (www.jwjeep.com)

I had asked them also about the heater cables for my 77, but they didn't have anything.

Well, in the box, along with the shifter, were a set of heater cables for my 77. They weren't in the best of shape, but at least now I have the actual specs on what I need to reproduce. I boxed up the cables and shipped them off to Motion Control Technologies in New Jersey (www.mctcable.com) for them to reproduce for me in a high quality braided stainless steel version.

Thankfully I hope I have now found my last piece of this puzzle.

I'll make sure and take pics of the new cables so everyone can see.
    www.meangreenjeep.com
    Aubrey

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    =D> =D> =D>

Lots of pics and spec them out as well.
    When they get them made, note the manufacting job number so others in your shoes can call and ask for them!!

GOOD JOB!!!!!
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT Jedi gear head
    Quote Originally Posted by arhame
    Simply Put: DAMN.

That is a serious piece of hardware.

I have quite a few bulltear products on my 360, including the nickel timing cover, oil-pump setup, remote oil filter, pushrods, oilpan, rockers, thermostat housing, oil filler neck, billet oil filler cap (and some other components I can't think of at the moment - long day with work). All I need now, is the bulltear wheelie bars for the CJ7 and I'm set.......
    Just having Bulltear stuff installed makes it go faster

Jeff
    1979 Jeep CJ-7 401 AMC, GMC 6-71 Blower 10% overdrive, Bugcatcher with electronic fuel injection and a little N2O for fun, all self built. (this supercharger stuff is easy)

I am still anxiously waiting for the billet AMC air cleaner from bulltear that's a guaranteed extra 100 ponies............
    www.meangreenjeep.com
    Aubrey