Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1977 jeep buildup

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    I'm still looking for the bottom half of my ALT bracket [GOT IT!!] and the serpentine setup for the 360
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Oh drool. I would be definately up for a complete serpentine belt system for this puppy.

Can we have this be our official request for the next great product from bulltear?

Mudrat. Are you simply needing a replacment alternator bracket, OR a better engineered version? Hopefully, I'm not the only one that feels that the factory alternator bracket is, well, let's say not so well engineered item. I guess, that being said, the power steering bracket setup is a little less than desirable also.

We really do need a serpentine system.

Ok, back to work so i can afford this stuff......
    ----------------------------------------
    www.meangreenjeep.com
    Aubrey

Quote Originally Posted by arhame
    Hopefully, I'm not the only one that feels that the factory alternator bracket is, well, let's say not so well engineered item
    No, you are not. I'm right there with you. Although it seems way over complicated, Rube Goldberg, and has way too many pieces, when you do have all the braces and put it together right, I have to admit, it is very solid. Just doesn't seem like it should have to be that difficult.

Same with the timing cover with umpteen different length/size bolts and studs that bolt it up.

Amen to that on on the bolts.

I ended up losing one of the bolts that fastened the timing chain cover / water pump to the block, that was threaded on both ends, and the power steering bracket mounted over. I wanted to find a stainless bolt (all the other bolts I used were stainless) and ended up having to have one made. ~$180.00 by the time it was over....

Sheesh, Just Empty Every Pocket
    ----------------------------------------
    www.meangreenjeep.com
    Aubrey

Quote Originally Posted by arhame
    Amen to that on on the bolts.

I ended up losing one of the bolts that fastened the timing chain cover / water pump to the block, that was threaded on both ends, and the power steering bracket mounted over. I wanted to find a stainless bolt (all the other bolts I used were stainless) and ended up having to have one made. ~$180.00 by the time it was over....

Sheesh, Just Empty Every Pocket
    I've been worried about breaking that rusty damned thing, and I did one. thinking maybe a piece of all thread and running the nut down to hold the cover and spacers for the PS Bracket. Anyway, I only have one left, the one on the engine

OK, new priority for MC
    1. MAKE THAT FRIGG'N BOLT!!!
    2. The ALT setup usable with A/C (or as a bonus, a combo mount for the ALT and A/C - both types of course, for those of us who want on-board air )
    3. Serpintine belt setup
    4. 2-piece timing cover.

How say the masses? These sound about right??
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    Yep, I'm on board with that..

(pssst Rat?, You forgot "get married" in that list..)
    "A man's got to know his limitation's"

Dirty Harry.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose
    Yep, I'm on board with that..

(pssst Rat?, You forgot "get married" in that list..)
    Well a couple problems there:
    1. MC to make a wife for the masses?? She would have to be good looking, a natural mechanic, a gourmet cook and the best, uhh, the best, ummm, partner in bed Even the great MC can't do that!!

2. Ever wonder why MC hasn't mentioned anything about that since last fall? Maybe cold feet over the winter, but . . .
    And if he does have his batchelors party before August, it'll be 14,000 miles for me to come visit
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE