Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
flat fenders on cj

Thread: flat fenders on cj

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum

flat fenders on cj

does anyone make flat fender conversions for a 76 cj5 I have seen the tube fenders but what i am lookin for is something more similar to the willys jeep look? thanks.

Helpfull BT forum member Junior wrench of the Forum
    My roommate whipped me up a set of flat fenders for my CJ7 very easily. He used square tubing instead of round and they look pretty sharp. The way he set them up has been done lots, we cut a couple inches off the bottom of the hood line and installed the flat fenders higher than stock to clear larger tires. I can take some pics for you if you like. Some guys that have done the same thing have mounted them to the tub using a piano hinge and a quick disconnect on the grill end. This way they swing out and you have awesome access to the engine and axle when you need to do work.

pics would be great sounds neat thanks

Here's a few pics.

Before:

After:

tastefully done ! thats the look I am after ! looks easy to replicate thanks!

Yeah super easy to do. He whipped these up in an evening. They were the third set he made. The round corners were premade sections picked up at the local metal shop, along with the rest of the square tube. The sheet metal was kicking around the garage. The edge that bolts to the tub is just a piece of angle iron. After this winter I'll be putting some inners in them. Too much salt on the roads here and it gets EVERYWHERE.
    I really like the flatties, great for holding tools when you're working.