Thread: Need an electrical DWG

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS

Need an electrical DWG

I'm strying to sort through the rats nest under the hood of hte 86 SJ and the Chiltons drawing sucks!!!

Anybody have a good wiring diagram? and maybe one for th vacuum lines too? There are so many chared and melted hoses - I really can't tell what goes where?!?!? and ther eis one VAC line that comes off the ported (hi) connection to th base of the carb? Basically the vacuum is drawing on a vacuum???

I need to dump this carb (2BBL Carter) and get one with less plumbing!!

Thanks
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    Haynes has good pictures/diagrams... I like Chiltons for the reading aspect but Haynes for the pics...
    I have the Chiltons Wagoneer/Commando/Cherokee from 1957-83... and that one sucks also... The kicker is, on the bottom right corner it says in yellow "WIRING AND VACUUM DIAGRAMS"
    Well, in all honesty the vacuum diagrams are really good!!! Are you going to be at work tomorrow? If so, I can swing by to drop it off! (In this book it's Chapter 4)

Quote Originally Posted by fifesjeep
    Haynes has good pictures/diagrams... I like Chiltons for the reading aspect but Haynes for the pics...
    I have the Chiltons Wagoneer/Commando/Cherokee from 1957-83... and that one sucks also... The kicker is, on the bottom right corner it says in yellow "WIRING AND VACUUM DIAGRAMS"
    Well, in all honesty the vacuum diagrams are really good!!! Are you going to be at work tomorrow? If so, I can swing by to drop it off! (In this book it's Chapter 4)
    I'll be in during the AM. Have a SPAWAR conference at 0730 and a TELCON with the DC & Philly boys at 10. the Chiltons I have breaks it out by circuit - charging, starting choke, etc. nothing that shows the whole mess and if you remember the pic I sent you, it's a mess. Half the wires are melted, some are frayed and others are just burnt And there are about 9 wires to the hot side of the starter relay
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum
    Take a look here: http://oljeep.com/

Lots of good wiring and other stuff for FSJ's.
    Don
    84 CJ7
    82 Cherokee
    89 GW

Thanks Don,
    Wonder if that's the same tom Collins I know from years back???
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE