Thread: fan clutch

fan clutch

need to replace the fan clutch on my 360. what is the difference in thermal an non thermal fan clutch?
    May the wind be in your face and the sun at your back.

1976 J10
    1988 5.0 Mustang
    1995 Ford Taurus
    1995 Sportster 1200

Thank you from BT Grease Monkey
    Thermal will egage when engine temperature requires it. Non will only disengage at highway speeds. IMO thermal is the way to go. You dont have to listen to your fan at lower speeds.
    "The Dalli Lama has granted me total conciosness upon my death bed, Sooo I got that going for me, Which is nice."
    -Carl Spackler

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Electric fans allow all sorts of options - including thermal engagement as well as an on/off switch for water crossings =D>
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

fan clutch

Thanks for the info. went with the non thermal and problem is solved. As for noise, I can't hear my fan anytime.
    May the wind be in your face and the sun at your back.

1976 J10
    1988 5.0 Mustang
    1995 Ford Taurus
    1995 Sportster 1200

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS

Re: fan clutch

Quote Originally Posted by woodfar51
    Thanks for the info. went with the non thermal and problem is solved. As for noise, I can't hear my fan anytime.
    Then you need a quieter exhaust
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudrat
    Electric fans allow all sorts of options - including thermal engagement as well as an on/off switch for water crossings =D>
    This is the way I need to go on my J20 plowtruck, had to rig a locked clutch to keep it cool on the road with the plow on, I'm tired of swapping it out fall and spring, I need t do the high mount alt with an upgraded alt to have juce to run a fan and keep the belts farther up out of the snow.
    parting several FSJ'S