Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Headlight Adjuster Parts

Thread: Headlight Adjuster Parts

Headlight Adjuster Parts

Anybody have any idea where I can find some of the little plastic sockets the adjusting screw snaps into in this picture. The picture is of Hella DE european headlights for a VW Passat. Can't believe Hella didn't use the same part in other applications also though. And yes, I've been in touch with Hella more than once, and they are of little help.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    Did you try the "Help" parts section at your local auto parts store? You might be surprised what they carry.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by tufcj
    Did you try the "Help" parts section at your local auto parts store? You might be surprised what they carry.

Bob
    tufcj
    Yep. Was in Pep Boys Sunday trying to scrounge something together that would work. Bought some license plate inserts that looked like they would fit, but they were too big. This is something that is turning out to be very hard to "makeshift".

Helpfull BT forum member Admiral of the Forum
    I can not see the pic that you posted but I would sell ya a couple complet headleight bucket assemblys for $35 shipped.

Could not see picture too
    Try body shops and body shop suppliers years ago they kept them on hand.
    Dave ----
    75 GremlinX v8 64k
    76 GremlinX i6 (15yr sons)
    70 Javelin MD 390/4sp (360 now)
    70 Javelin 1/4 Drag car 360/auto best time 12.88...best speed 103.64 mph...best 60' 1.835 no tuning

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    I think it's the spaces in the file name in your link that keeps the pic from working. Rename the file without spaces, and edit the name in your post and it will work.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

I've tried editing the pic and link every way to Sunday. I'm aware of the spaces thing. Sometimes I have to put underscores in place of spaces. I've tried that, and without anything. Nothing seems to work. Never had so much trouble with a pic in my life.

Glory Be! Success at last. I finally gave up, renamed the pic, re-uploaded, and started all over. Funny thing though, I was working all week with a friend who was visiting from Germany. I happened to mention the trouble I'm having getting this part, and guess what, she used to actually work for Hella and still has contacts there. Talk about your small world. I have my fingers crossed!