Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
picked up another wag

Thread: picked up another wag

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum

picked up another wag

Has a tick in the motor, and a trans leak, not a perfect body, but pretty solid for a mn truck. Paid $500 for it and got brigestone blizzacks in the back of it worth that much.
    parting several FSJ'S

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Sweet! Thats almost scrap value! Scrap is $175 a ton for vehicles
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Quote Originally Posted by jeepsr4ever
    Sweet! Thats almost scrap value! Scrap is $175 a ton for vehicles
    Don't I know it! it was $200 a ton here last month, I took in about half a dozen vehicles, one light load of 3' prepared, at $250 a ton, one cherokee just body and axles got $250-$300 for that. I took one in last Saturday, and it was at $160 a ton here now, still pretty good, but I won't be scrapping as hard now. Mama just did paper work for a refi on the house this week so I need to work on the house for a while before the appraser shows up. I still need to get My 87 J20 put back together, I've been running the snot out of the 82 J20 plow truck haulling scrap and it needs work done on it before fall, mostly rust prevention. MC if I'd run up some Saturday with the timing cover for My 87 do you think you could check it out for me? Still didn't figure out what timing chain I'm going with the post where I asked for input somehow went wrong...

http://www.bulltear.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8043

Not sure what I'm doing with the wag for sure, Mama says put a diesel in it and start brewing bio-diesel may happen as it looks like I may have access to a cheap 6.2 builder engine and maybe the trans with it. I'd like to stay with an AMC motor, but looking to save fuel mone as this might end up being a summertime family truckster.
    parting several FSJ'S

Chad your more than welcome to stop up! I am not sure if I am sold on the biodiesel as I have had friends who were stung by it.
    [COLOR=#000000]

Quote Originally Posted by jeepsr4ever
    Chad your more than welcome to stop up! I am not sure if I am sold on the biodiesel as I have had friends who were stung by it.
    I'll PM You when it looks like I can get away on a Saturday, probally be soon I need to get the 87 together before summer is over If I go diesel in the wag I'd maybe even look at doing a WVO conversion, I should have the area where the spare is open, thinking about doing a rear swing away tire carrier. Whatever way I go I got a set of 31's to go under it, My nephew has got a set of factory slots he got with a chevy truck, and I'm thinking 3" lift. I'm still quite amazed how solid the fuel tank skid and frame is yet, it will need a front valance, rockers, and patches behind the rear wheels. the last two or three I looked at before this the frames and bodys were complete trash. I did get burned on one though an early 80's guy wanted $500 and it was about to have a broken frame, one of the guy's employees bought it as he needed cheap wheels until he fixed his car, he blew the balancer on it and I told him I probally had one, when he said it had a 4BBL and lots of power I sugessted he make sure it's a 360... talked to him a week later... it's a 401! I told him keep me in mind when he's ready to part with it... but you just never know, still wishing I grabbed it for $500 Guess I'll be checking closer from now on. Also not 2 miles from where I got this last wag is on a year or two newer, frame about to break, guy wants $2K for it it does have a rebuilt motor/trans, but that much for a frame that's not safe to be on the road! Anyway back to My wag project I also have a 4.3 vortec, and 4L60 here out of a rolled 96 blazer that I could stick in there, but I don't know if that would really be any better fuel mileage than going TBI and OD trans on a 360, I did some checking and the 4L60 I got has the removable belhousing, and I think it was novak's site that said I couldn't use an adapter with it, not even thinking about the electroics part of it yet, had thoughts of putting it in the 87 J20 before this wag even showed up.
    parting several FSJ'S

Depending on time frame I may be wheeling. Please feel freet o drop it off in one of the jeeps outside.
    [COLOR=#000000]

OK I'll see what works out when I get going on my trip, I'm pretty sure I still have your number in my cell phone, so I can leave a message as to where or if I left it. It's about time I get the good truck together so I can take the other one down to do some floor patching and try to track down some oil leaks.
    parting several FSJ'S

I'll let you know if I drop it on my way north tomarrow. give you a call.
    parting several FSJ'S

Well as my phone message said I was running late on saturday and didn't drop it, I had planned to today on the way back, but I had crabby kids and it was in the middle of one of those little downpours and I missed the exit, said screw it I'm not going back. Jeepmandan just sent me a pm on a trans I got here he needs to send your way, and When I get that 60-2 pulled I may make a trip with those things and the cover. Dan still got that wag there that needs to come south? Maybe I'll strap the parts to my trailer and that wag could ride back on that, stay tuned on that. Dan is in the middle of house shopping so I had not herd much from him until now, and he's not doing much with his jeeps.
    parting several FSJ'S