Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Best Intake gasket????
Bulltear Ad

Thread: Best Intake gasket????

Thank you from BT Jedi gear head

Best Intake gasket????

Like the title says, I'm too busy to search, who makes the best intake manifold gasket??

Jeff
    1979 Jeep CJ-7 401 AMC, GMC 6-71 Blower 10% overdrive, Bugcatcher with electronic fuel injection and a little N2O for fun, all self built. (this supercharger stuff is easy)

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum

Re: Best Intake gasket????

Quote Originally Posted by Blown7
    Like the title says, I'm too busy to search, who makes the best intake manifold gasket??

Jeff
    Not specfic to AMC, just my opinion after wrenching 20 years, 15 or so in shops is you can't go wrong using fel-pro.
    parting several FSJ'S

'69 AMX 12.60@107 - Ohio, unfortunately (:-P)
    AMC V8 Intake Manifold Gaskets

AMC Steel Valley Pan Gasket Fel-Pro #MS 96011

AMC Steel Valley Pan Gasket Dana Victor Reinz (Detroit) #MS 15922 at CarQuest.

The 2 Piece "paper strip" style" AMC Intake Gaskets are made by Mr. Gasket.
    They are black fiber looking and marked Mr. Gasket part #5844
    on the package and say "Ultra-Seal Premium".
    There are NO silicone bead(s) on them though, just plain.

For Jegs, the part number is Mr. Gasket 720-5844 is Ultra Seal material.

For Jegs, the part number of Mr. Gasket 720-800G is Standard material, white paper ?
    '69 AMX #11,856 BSO/Saddle 343-4V Auto Go-Pak A/C Leather
    http://home.fuse.net/ckthomas/AMXSIG5.jpg

Bulltear forum member Swabie
    Use the metal valley pan gasket. The Mr. Gasket intake gaskets aren't worth buying. I used them once and ended up having to switch back to the metal gasket and haven't had any problems since.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    I've always used the steel (valley pan) ones. I coat around the intakes ports with Permatex spray copper, and around the water ports with Permatex Ultra Gray or Black. I use the rubber end gaskets with a dab of sealer at the corners of the heads, some just use silicone at the ends. I've never had any leaks.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    For non EGR the 5844's are trick! For EGR engines the steel gasket is what you need.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!!
    I am using the Mr. Gasket ultra seal's (can't remember the # for them though). They have been on my engine for about a year now and I have yet to experience any issues due to the use of a fiber gasket.
    he who dies with the most toys wins!!!
    69' amx 390 4 speed best et 11.85 @ 116mph
    VOTEBUTTON

Thank you from BT Jedi gear head
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepsr4ever
    For non EGR the 5844's are trick! For EGR engines the steel gasket is what you need.
    Cool MC, the blower manifold I have I welded the EGR passages closed so I need the 5844's.

The steel OEM is ok, (and I used it on the dyno run) but with the blower manifold it's a huge PIA to get it set and cut out for the valley oil line mod correctly, and because I have a little weirdness going on on the exact angle match between the heads and manifold I want to try the Ultra seal type this time around. (I had a little leak at the back intake bolt head on the left bank the last time where the bolt goes into the water jacket)

Thanks again all for the input!

Jeff
    1979 Jeep CJ-7 401 AMC, GMC 6-71 Blower 10% overdrive, Bugcatcher with electronic fuel injection and a little N2O for fun, all self built. (this supercharger stuff is easy)