Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Holley 750DP list #4779
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holley 750DP list #4779

Holley 750DP list #4779

Fresh Holley 750 double pumper. List #4779-3

I just rebuilt it with Holley non-stick (blue) gaskets and all soft parts, needle and seats, and power valve replaced. Was a good running carb when removed from a SBC 406. I milled off the choke horn and smoothed the edges for better flow. Should flow 780+.

I have built a high dollar carb with billet base plate, metering blocks, HP body and dominator bowls, so I won't be needing this carb.

See pictures. Not a beauty queen but should be a good runner. Asking $150 including shipping.

If you have trading fodder, needing: pair of ladder bars, a 750 vacuum secondary (for another project), AMC RPM airgap, Milodon AMC oil pan, or?

Obviously I am willing to trade up or down.

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    Wow, she looks beat-up and weathered... So, you rebuilt it and haven't tested it? You're really not sure if it'll work properly at idle let-a-lone through the RPM ranges... and asking $150. Can you take a few more pics of the inside, a through shot... By looks of it... I'd like to see how she looks with some light.
    Thanks.

carb

I'm waiting on payment already. It is a good carb. FYI looks don't effect the way a carb runs. If it was pretty, I waould ask for and easily get $250 for it. Been building and selling Holley Carbs for many years with 100% satisfied buyers. This one was mine.

Just being cautious, there's too many scammers out there... as nothing is personal (face to face) etc. At least face to face you can get a decent judge of character etc...

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS

Re: carb

Quote Originally Posted by ed455
    I'm waiting on payment already. It is a good carb. FYI looks don't effect the way a carb runs. If it was pretty, I waould ask for and easily get $250 for it. Been building and selling Holley Carbs for many years with 100% satisfied buyers. This one was mine.
    How about a rebuilt 2BBL for a stock AMC manifold? I just need something to get the waggy rolling for the moment. still working electrical gremlins, but need to fire it up and the BBD is shot (that and the PO cut a shit-load of wires and ran a rats nest).
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Quote Originally Posted by Mudrat
    Quote Originally Posted by ed455
    How about a rebuilt 2BBL for a stock AMC manifold? I just need something to get the waggy rolling for the moment. still working electrical gremlins, but need to fire it up and the BBD is shot (that and the PO cut a shit-load of wires and ran a rats nest).
    I have a 4bbl Edelbrock 600 in NC... I should heading that way this weekend... It hasn't been ran in 7 months... :(

These days I only do them sporadically. I built this one for a 401 project and then got some good deals on some billet holley parts and ended up building a new carb with billet base plate, metering blocks, HP body and dominator bowls. I don't mess with carters/edelbrocks or q-jets, only Holleys. That way I don't have to keep a butt-load of parts for all the other brands.

If you have a 2bbl Holley or even an Autolite (very similar to Holley) and can tune one, I would be happy to build it for you, but I don't have a core. I won't build a carb for someone who can't tune it for their application. I generally send them out with factory jetting and power valve size, float level slightly low, and idle mixture set to get you started. Since EVERY engine is different jetting, power valve etc, will need adjusting to the application.

I don't wet test carbs because if gas is run through them and then they are installed 6 mos later, the odds of problems are greatly increased. The carb is no longer fresh.

Here's what I built to replaced it.
    [/img][/code]

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS

Quote Originally Posted by fifesjeep
    I have a 4bbl Edelbrock 600 in NC... I should heading that way this weekend... It hasn't been ran in 7 months... :(
    Thanks need a 2 BBL for a stock intake. Just tryiong to get this thing running for a while. I'll rebuild the whole motor with after market intake over the winter.
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

GONE, thanks!