Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
what is interchangeable 304-360
Bulltear Ad

Thread: what is interchangeable 304-360

Helpfull BT forum member Admiral of the Forum

what is interchangeable 304-360

i have a 304 currently and just purchase a 360 from a friend it has forged crank flat top pistons and a roller cam. I have an offenhauser intake and fenderwell headers. am i able to switch these to the 360? everything else on the front end should bolt on (accesories) right. and the hei distributor and wires will work fine right. basically what will swap off the 304 to the 360 and is my offenhauser better than the stock intake and worth swapping.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    Most everything will swap. Even crank and rods are the same. Differences are the heads (valve size), block (bore size), and the harmonic balancer and flex plate or flywheel.

AMC NEVER made a forged 360 crank, so unless it's a big dollar aftermarket piece (read about $2500), it's just cast. Only the 390 and 401 had factory forged cranks. A roller cam also needs an anti-walk kit (usually behind the upper timing gear), and the lifters are pretty obvious with the manifold off, they have arms between the pairs to keep them from spinning in the bores.

You can use your headers, ignition, and intake, but you'll need the 360 specific harmonic and flex plate/flywheel.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    are you sure its an AMC 360 and not a mopar 360? some people seem to think that they are the same motor but nothing is interchangeable except the lifters!!

how can i determine if its aamc or mopar? The guy has it in his j truck and said those where the mods im only paying 300 for it so even if it doesnt have the parts he says its still worth the money.

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    AMC is the only one that I know of that had the motor size cast into the side of the block

AMC dizzy in front mopar all in the back I beleave

best ever 11.669 @ 112.33 mph in 1/4 mile on 33 x 10.50 slicks and 4" lift / 7.358 @ 93.03 mph in the 1/8 mile

thats what i thought its deffinately an amc dizzy is in the front. it should give me a good power increase over my 304.

Oh you won'tbe disappointed with the increased power. We swapped a 360 into our CJ5. Mustang killer! Check it out....www.youtube.com, search "cj5 hotrod" and enjoy.