Thread: Steering column and tube fenders

Steering column and tube fenders

After my rollover incident the steering column seems to be rather....lets say wobbly....tore it down in its busted inside so im in need of another one.....preferably a tilt, its for a 80 CJ-5. Not to sure which years will all interchange and not 100% positive i could use one from a chevy, and im also looking for a set of tube fenders for her. Does anybody have a set or know of a place that dosent cost 500 bucks. My welder is on the fritz so im looking to just bolt a set on.
    1980 CJ-5, 360 powered, T-18, Dana 20, Advanced Adapters output , 4.56's, Dana 30 frt chromoly shafts w/297 joints and Tru-Trac and M20 rear with Detroit, Superior shafts, and disc brakes and Tom Woods frt and rear shafts.........about 10k in misc aftermarket parts!

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    For a steering column, you can use a tilt or solid column out of a late 70s - early 80s small or mid-size GM car. Sunbird, Monza, Camaro, Firebird are all a bolt in.

Can't help you on the fenders.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Thanks for the input Bob
    1980 CJ-5, 360 powered, T-18, Dana 20, Advanced Adapters output , 4.56's, Dana 30 frt chromoly shafts w/297 joints and Tru-Trac and M20 rear with Detroit, Superior shafts, and disc brakes and Tom Woods frt and rear shafts.........about 10k in misc aftermarket parts!