Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
CJ Cowl panel advice

Thread: CJ Cowl panel advice

CJ Cowl panel advice

Gday guys I have another question sorry

I am half way through the body restoration on the CJ10, The cowl panel is a bit far gone with rust, i have manage to make floor panel an d piece for the firewall, But the cowl panel is beyond my metal working skills.

Now restoration has come to a stop as I can't seem to get a cowl panel replacement in Australia,

On my search I found that Omix make a Cowl panel to suit a CJ7 which will fit,
    This is the cowl Panel below

I have tried a few Aussie jeep places and they say they can't get the panel

I have emailed Quadratec 4 times and no answer from them.

I looked on thejeep site and they have the panel listed, but they require international orders to be minimum $500 and western union Maybe if I bought 3 cowl panels off them, it would equal $500

Anyone know of another online place I could try please that does international shipping,
    can't finish the resto on the jeep without it

Cheers Wraith

panel

looks like a standard cowl off of any CJ, are there not any wrecked or cheap cj,s around you could buy to get that part?
    84 CJ 7 304, Arb rear, 35 BFG,s with a 2 1/2 spring lift only and to many other mods to list, plus a offroad trailer also on 35 BFG,s

Thanks for the Help
    it is a standard CJ panel, But hard to find a used 1 that isn't already rusted in the same area as mine,I have already tried what you suggested and no luck there, thats why I am after a new aftermarket one.

I am trying to eliminate all the rust in the jeep by welding in new panels, I want to do the Job properly and not have the rust return.
    My floor panels I made turned out good, but to make cowl is beyond my ability.
    I should start a Build thread

Early jeeps are not that common in Australia, so sourcing used is hard if not impossible,as well as new parts

I think there is 2 Jeep recyclers in the whole of Australia and they mainly deal in the late 80's and up, the CJ bodies they have are rustier than mine , and the handful of Jeep shops in Australia don't seem to want to know about the early Jeeps, 1 Bloke I spoke to said" that in 25 years working on Jeeps, he has never replaced a cowl panel, Strange that the cowl is a common place for the CJ to rust in Australia

Now if it was a early model Ford or a GMH, I could walk into one of a dozen shops tomorrow and get panels, But it's a jeep

Jeez I wish I lived in the USA, you guys have all the parts

Cheers Wraith

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    If you need parts put a list together and I wil see what I can do for you.
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    Quote Originally Posted by WraithGTO

Jeez I wish I lived in the USA, you guys have all the parts

Cheers Wraith
    Be careful for what you wish for... We're soon to be a 3rd world country with the way our economy is crumbling... Get the parts while you can You just need to find a good contact that will send/ship things for a decent price... You might have to buy in bulk... and I'm sure if you did you could turn a penny into a dime in no time... especially seeing that Jeep parts are so hard to come by over there...
    At work I have a few Canadian Jeep sites/forums/garages etc that send things globally... I have a buddy who lives near the border of NY and Canada and he's constantly scoring jeep goods...

Thank you from BT Senior Wrench of the forum
    Don't know if it will help but "discount body parts" gave me a good deal on fenders,hood ,and grill for my '78 and shipping was very reasonable ($114). Good luck.
    1978 cj7 amc360 t18a/d20/teralow, f30posi/r44locked, T/A670, never quite finished but running to beat all hell.....