I thought you guys might like to see what started out as a small project of cutting some rust out and filling with bog (Bondo) the CJ10.

As of today i went a little overboard and now the Jeep is in a million pieces

A few specs on the CJ10

258 I6
T176 tranny
NP208
The CJ10 is combination of a SJ chassis and CJ body with it's own unique fenders with headlights in them, God help me if I bend the fenders :)

The CJ 10 was used as a daily worker on the ranch for some 17yrs and it served its job brilliantly , and since retired it.

3 years ago the 258 was getting a little tired, so I decided to put a second hand 360 in it, I got a 360 out of a J20.
I purchased some SJ V8 mounts and mated my 258 flywheel to the 360 ( Not a good idea after reading on this forum, using the 258 flywheel on a 360)
and bolted it up to the T176.
Ran it occasionally over the last 3 yrs until the rust and the Tiring 360 became too much, Then I decided on a partial restore which has turned out a little bigger Job. as you can see in the pics.

I was just going to patch it up , But I have decided on a full respray and cut all the rust out and put fresh metal in, Do it correct !!!!

Here is the Jeep in it's hay day on the ranch

Starting the strip down

Tub back to bare metal using a 9" grinder with a wire wheel

Put some color on a few panels and put them back on the tub to see what the color looked like
We all know RED is faster :0

I chose GTO Red (Sting Red)
Same color as my GTO

Since these pics were taken, I have pulled the tub of the chassis and made new floor panels up and a new piece for the Firewall and painted the floor with a similar product to POR15, as I couldn't find POR 15 available in my state

I will post more pics over the weekend

Cheers Wraith